Four Wildcats Invited to NFL Scouting Combine
Four Wildcats, quarterback Will Levis, offensive lineman Tashawn Manning, running back Chris Rodriguez Jr. and defensive back Carrington Valentine, have received invitations for the 2023 National Football League Scouting Combine scheduled for March 2-5 in Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.
This year, NFL Network coverage of the Combine again extends into primetime beginning Thursday, March 2 with five hours of live coverage of the defensive linemen and linebackers starting at 3:00 PM ET and continuing until 8:00 PM ET.
Coverage continues with five hours of live coverage of the defensive backs (Valentine) and special teams on Friday, March 3 at 3:00 PM ET, and seven hours of live coverage of the quarterbacks (Levis), wide receivers and tight ends on Saturday, March 4 at 1:00 PM ET. NFL Network’s Combine coverage concludes with six hours of live coverage of the offensive linemen (Manning) and running backs (Rodriguez Jr.) on Sunday, March 5 starting at 1:00 PM ET.
In addition to NFL Network, NFL+ provides live coverage of on-field positional drills with Players Only Combine Presented by NOBULL, streaming Thursday at 3:30 PM ET, Friday at 4:00 PM ET, Saturday at 2:00 PM ET and Sunday at 1:30 PM ET.
Live NFL Network coverage of the 2023 NFL Combine Presented by NOBULL is available across devices (smartphone, PC, tablet and connected TVs) through the NFL app and NFL Network app for subscribers of participating NFL Network providers. Visit NFL.com/watch for more information on how to watch.
- Kentucky has had at least four players invited to the NFL Scouting Combine three straight seasons and four of the last five.
- A total of 37 players have been invited to the Combine since head coach Mark Stoops’ arrival in 2013 and 28 players since 2019.
- The Wildcats are looking to have multiple players drafted for the fifth straight year. In 2022, Kentucky had four players (Wan’Dale Robinson, Joshua Paschal, Luke Fortner and Darian Kinnard) selected. In 2021, six players (Jamin Davis, Kelvin Joseph, Quinton Bohanna, Brandin Echols, Landon Young and Phil Hoskins) were selected, which tied for the fourth-most in school history and the most since 1979 (eight). In 2020, Lynn Bowden Jr.and Logan Stenberg were drafted and in 2019, UK had five NFL draft picks in Josh Allen, Lonnie Johnson Jr., Mike Edwards, Benny Snell Jr. and George Asafo-Adjei. Five players were drafted in 2019 (Josh Allen, Lonnie Johnson Jr., Mike Edwards, Benny Snell Jr. and George Asafo-Adjei.
- The NFL Draft is scheduled to begin Thursday, April 27 in Kansas City.
- For player bios and career stats, see the links below:
Follow @UKFootball on Twitter and Instagram, or like Kentucky Football on Facebook.