Schaper, Reed Named First Team CoSIDA Academic All-Americans
LEXINGTON, Ky. – Kentucky softball seniors Katie Reed and Jenny Schaper were both named CoSIDA First Team Academic All-Americans on Friday, the organization announced.
Reed was a first team honoree in 2018, becoming the first Kentucky Wildcat to win first team honors in two seasons. They are the third and fourth overall first-team honors in program history.
Major: Human Health Science (Dentistry)
– 2017 NFCA All-American
– 2018 and 2019 SEC Scholar Athlete of the Year
– Two-time NFCA All-Southeast Region
– 2018 CoSIDA First Team Academic All-American
– 2017 First Team All-SEC, 2018 and 2019 Second Team All-SEC
Major: Communication and Psychology (double major)
– 2019 NFCA All-Southeast Region
– 2019 First Team All-SEC
– 2019 SEC All-Defensive Team (C)
– 2019 SEC Player of the Week (4/26/19)
For the latest on UK Softball, follow the Wildcats on Twitter and Instagram at @UKSoftball.