Kentucky-South Carolina Postgame Notes
KENTUCKY FOOTBALL POSTGAME NOTES
KENTUCKY AT SOUTH CAROLINA
WILLIAMS-BRICE STADIUM | COLUMBIA, S.C.
NOV. 18, 2023
FINAL SCORE: South Carolina 17, Kentucky 14
Team Records and Series Information
- Kentucky is 6-5 overall and 3-5 in the Southeastern Conference, while South Carolina is 5-6 overall and 3-5 in the league.
- South Carolina leads the all-time series, 20-14-1.
- South Carolina leads the all-time series in games played in Columbia, 10-6-1.
- Kentucky is 7-4 against South Carolina under head coach Mark Stoops.
- Next for UK: Kentucky concludes the regular season Saturday with a trip to in-state rival No. 10/9 Louisville for the Governor’s Cup.
- UK has won the past four meetings.
- Kickoff time is noon and it will be televised on ABC.
- Kentucky’s nine-play, 92-yard scoring drive on its first possession of the second half was the longest in terms of yards traveled this season and was capped by Ray Davis’ 31-yard rush.
- The possession gave UK a 14-10 edge midway through the third quarter.
- The defense forced punts on eight of South Carolina’s final nine possessions before a kneel down to end the game.
- Quarterback Devin Leary completed 17-of-35 for 171 yards and a TD.
- He has thrown for 20 touchdowns this season, entering the game second in the SEC in that category.
- He now has 9,041 passing yards and 81 passing touchdowns in his career.
- Running back Ray Davis carried the ball 12 times for 61 yards and a score.
- The touchdown gives him 17 total touchdowns for the season, tying Moe Williams (1995) for second place for most TDs in a season.
- He has 102 points this season, tying Austin MacGinnis (2017) and Moe Williams (1995) for third place on the single-season points list.
- He now has 990 rushing yards on the season and needs 10 more to become the 11th player in school history to reach 1,000 rushing yards in a single season. To this date, the feat has been accomplished a total of 14 times by 10 players.
- He has caught a pass in 23 consecutive games.
- Running back Ramon Jefferson rushed six times for 50 yards.
- For the second consecutive game, his first rush was an explosive play, this time a 21-yard rush after a 74-yard jaunt vs. Alabama last week.
- Wide receiver Dane Key hauled in four passes for a team-high 51 yards.
- Key has 1,047 career receiving yards, surpassing 1,000 for his career.
- Wide receiver Barion Brown caught four passes for 30 yards.
- He improved his streak of 24 straight games with a reception, which is every game of his college career.
- He has 1,019 career receiving yards, surpassing 1,000 for his career.
- He hauled in a seven-yard touchdown pass in the second quarter.
- Wide receiver Tayvion Robinson had three catches for 29 yards.
- The score marked the 15th touchdown reception of his career and his fourth this season.
- He has 998 receiving yards at Kentucky, needs two for 1,000.
- Tight end Izayah Cummings caught three passes for 43 yards.
- It was his first three receptions of the season.
- Defensive lineman Deone Walker tied for the team lead with nine tackles.
- He had 2.0 tackles for loss and one sack.
- Linebacker D’Eryk Jackson also had nine total tackles.
- Game captains: Kenneth Horsey, Devin Leary, Deone Walker, Trevin Wallace