Kentucky-Stonehill Postgame Notes
KENTUCKY MEN’S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
RUPP ARENA AT CENTRAL BANK CENTER | LEXINGTON, KY
NOV. 17, 2023
Final Score: No. 17/16 Kentucky 101, Stonehill 67
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 3-1 on the season, Stonehill is 1-4.
- This was the first meeting between the teams.
- This was UK’s second game in the Wildcat Challenge presented by Kentucky Tourism.
- UK continues the five-game homestand Monday against St. Joseph’s for the final game of the Wildcat Challenge. Game time is 7 p.m. and it will be televised on SEC Network.
- Kentucky totaled 101 points, reaching the century mark for the 20th time in the John Calipari era, the first time since a 106-63 win over South Carolina State exactly a year ago, Nov. 17, 2022.
- Kentucky made 17 of 32 on 3-pointers, the most 3-pointers made in the Calipari era and the most since making 20 threes (35 att.) on March 4, 1995, against LSU.
- Kentucky shot 39 of 61 from the field, 63.9%, the eighth-highest single-game figure of the Calipari era.
- Kentucky had assists on two-thirds of its baskets, 26 assists on 39 field goals made. The 26 assists are sixth-most in one game in the Calipari era.
- Kentucky limited Stonehill to 37.5% from the field (24 of 64). UK is 235-24 (90.7%) in the Calipari era, 2-0 this season, when the opponent shoots 40% or less.
- Kentucky led by as many as 37 points. The Wildcats are 332-15 (95.7%) in the Calipari era when leading by as many as 10 points at any time during the contest.
- Kentucky had a pair of 20-point scorers for the first time this season.
- Kentucky is 650-81 (88.9%) in the 48th season in Rupp Arena at Central Bank Center.
- Reed Sheppard had a season-high 25 points, making 7 of 8 3-pointers.
- The seven threes tie for the 13th most in school history and are just one shy of the most in one game in the Calipari era.
- Sheppard’s seven assists are a season high.
- Sheppard had three steals and has had at least two thefts in each game.
- Rob Dillingham had a season-best 20 points and has hit double-digits in all four games. He added seven assists, tying Sheppard for game-high honors.
- Antonio Reeves had 15 points, giving him double figures in all four games.
- Tre MItchell had 15 points on an efficient 7 of 9 shooting.
Coach John Calipari
- Calipari has an 834-254 all-time on-court record and a 389-114 mark at Kentucky.
- Calipari is 319-64 at UK against unranked competition.
- This was Calipari’s first game vs. Stonehill.
- Calipari is 222-21 in Rupp Arena at Central Bank Center.
In the First Half
- Kentucky started D.J. Wagner, Antonio Reeves, Justin Edwards, Adou Thiero and Tre Mitchell.
- Stonehill scored the first five points of the game before a Mitchell layup got the UK on the board with 18:31 on the clock.
- Rob Dillingham and Reed Sheppard were UK’s first substitutions with 16:16 remaining.
- Stonehill held its last lead at 12-11 when Reeves’ layup and 3-pointer gave the Wildcats the lead for good.
- A 14-0 run, ended with consecutive 3-pointers by Sheppard, put the Wildcats in control at 30-15.
- After missing their first 3-point attempt, the Wildcats bagged their next six long balls.
- UK went to intermission with its largest lead of the half, 21 points at 58-37.
In the Second Half
- Kentucky began the second half with the starting lineup.
- Stonehill tallied the first eight points, cutting the count to 58-45 and prompting a UK timeout at 17:12.
- Ahead 61-48, a 10-0 run pushed UK ahead 71-48.
- Kentucky led by as many as 37 points at 99-62.
- UK went into triple digits with 19 seconds left when Edwards’ layup curled around the rim before finally dropping home to make the Cats’ tally 101.