Kentucky-Georgetown College Postgame Notes
KENTUCKY MEN’S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
RUPP ARENA AT CENTRAL BANK CENTER | LEXINGTON, KY.
OCTOBER 27, 2023
Final Score: No. 16/16 Kentucky 92, Georgetown College 69
Team Records and Series Notes
- UK improved to 151-12 all-time in exhibition games, including 4-0 vs. Georgetown.
- The Wildcats are 5-0 in exhibitions this season, including the GLOBL JAM championship in July.
- UK has won its last 30 exhibition games dating back to a win vs. Pikeville on Nov. 2, 2014.
- The last loss was Aug. 17, 2014, vs. the Dominican Republic in the final game of the 2014 Big Blue Bahamas exhibition tour.
- The Wildcats play their second exhibition on Nov. 2 vs. Kentucky State. Game time is 7 p.m. and it will be streamed digitally on SEC Network+.
- Kentucky limited Georgetown to 40% from the field (24 of 60), including 18.8% on 3-pointers (3 of 16).
- UK controlled the rebounding, 46-32, although second-chance points were even at 12 apiece.
- Four Wildcats scored in double figures and two more had nine points.
- Tre Mitchell led the way with 22 points, nine rebounds and three blocked shots, all of which were game highs.
- He made 4 of 5 shots from 3-point range.
- Antonio Reeves tallied 18 points.
- Rob Dillingham had 16 points and a game-high five assists.
- Adou Thiero had 10 points, including the first five of the second half that created quick separation between the teams. He also had four steals.
Coach John Calipari
- UK is 48-1 in exhibition play under John Calipari.
- Calipari will enter the season with an 832-253 all-time on-court record and a 365-101 mark at Kentucky.
In the First Half
- Kentucky started J. Wagner, Antonio Reeves, Justin Edwards, Adou Thiero and Tre Mitchell.
- Jordan Burks and Rob Dillingham were UK’s first substitutions at the 14:39 mark.
- Kentucky took a 13-12 lead on a Mitchell 3-pointer with 12:29 and never trailed again.
- Georgetown, however, closed the half on a 7-0 run to pull within 35-34 at halftime.
- Reeves paced the Wildcats with eight points and Mitchell had five rebounds.
In the Second Half
- Kentucky opened with the starting lineup.
- Thiero began the half with a driving layup-and-one, followed by a steal and a layup, followed by a Reeves 3-pointer. One minute into the period the margin had ballooned to 43-34.
- Long balls by Mitchell and Reeves pushed the count to 54-40, prompting a Georgetown timeout at 15:38.
- Georgetown got back within eight points at 56-48 but got no closer.
- UK led by as many as 23 points, coming at the final tally of 92-69.