Kentucky-Georgia Postgame Notes
KENTUCKY FOOTBALL POSTGAME NOTES
KENTUCKY at GEORGIA
VINCE DOOLEY FIELD AT SANFORD STADIUM – ATHENS, GA
OCTOBER 7, 2023
FINAL SCORE: No. 1 Georgia 51, No. 20 Kentucky 13
Team Records and Series Information
- Kentucky is 5-1 on the season, 2-1 in the Southeastern Conference, while Georgia is 6-0, 3-0 in the league.
- Georgia leads the series, 54-21, and has won 14 in a row.
- Georgia leads in games played in Athens, 32-4-2.
- Next for UK: The Wildcats return home to play host to Missouri on Saturday, October 14.
- The game time is 7 or 7:30 p.m. and it will be televised by ESPN or SEC Network.
- UK has forced 10 turnovers in the first six games, most in its first six games since 2017 (12).
- UK has forced at least one turnover in each of the first six games for the first time since 2017.
- UK has forced a turnover in 10 consecutive regular-season games for the first time since a 10-game stretch in 2016-17.
- Quarterback Devin Leary completed 10 of 26 passes for 128 yards and two touchdowns.
- Surpassed the 8,000-yard passing mark tonight and now has 8,064 passing yards in his collegiate career.
- Running back Ray Davis rushed 15 times for 59 yards.
- Davis caught two passes for 36 yards, including a 26-yard touchdown in the third quarter.
- He now has a touchdown in each of Kentucky’s first six games of the season, making him the only Wildcat to do that in program history (with single-game statistics available to the 1940s).
- He had 95 all-purpose yards to lead the team.
- Wide receiver Dane Key caught a team-high three passes for a team-best 65 yards.
- Wide receiver Barion Brown caught one pass for seven yards.
- He improves his streak of 19 straight games with a reception, which is every game of his college career.
- Has 886 career receiving yards, needs 114 to become the 33rd player in school history with at 1,000 career receiving yards.
- Tight end Josh Kattus caught two passes for 11 yards and a touchdown.
- He hauled in a four-yard score in the second quarter, his second career touchdown reception.
- Defensive back Maxwell Hairston intercepted his fourth pass of the season and fourth of his career.
- He returned it 48 yards to set up a Kentucky touchdown.
- He now has three INT in three SEC games this season.
- He has totaled 131 interception return yards this season, most since Greg Long had 176 return yards in 1981.
- He added 8.0 tackles, second on the team.
- Outside linebacker Keaten Wade had 4.0 tackles, including a tackle for loss.
- Inside linebacker D’Eryk Jackson led the Wildcats in tackles with a season-high 11 stops.
- It is his second double-figure tackle game of his career.
- He has recorded a tackle in 16 consecutive games.
- Game captains: Eli Cox, J.J. Weaver, Devin Leary, Trevin Wallace