Kentucky Splits Doubleheader on Senior Night
LEXINGTON, KY. – Adam Fogel tied his career high with three hits in the opening game and homered in game two as Kentucky split a Friday doubleheader with No. 18 Auburn at Kentucky Proud Park.
The Wildcats (29-24, 11-18 SEC) must either win on Saturday or Missouri lose to Georgia or Arkansas sweep Alabama to earn a bid to the Southeastern Conference Tournament.
UK took an early lead and cruised to a 5-1 victory in game one as Sean Harney pitched the final three innings to pick up his second save of the season. Auburn used five two-out runs over a pair of innings early in game two and closed out a 6-3 win in the night cap.
- UK has scored in 294 of 299 games under Coach Nick Mingione.
- Mingione now has 172 all-time wins at UK; three behind mentor John Cohen for third on UK list.
- The UK pitchers have struck out 537 in 53 games.
- Senior RHP Daniel Harper made his 97th career appearance, third on the school’s all-time list.
- He entered the series 12th on the NCAA’s active leader list.
- His ERA in SEC games is just 1.37 on the season.
- Junior IF Chase Estep reached base safely in 49 of the 53 games this season.
- He has 17 multi-hit games this season and 28 in his career.
- Senior OF Oraj Anu has a hit in 10 of 12 games since returning returning to the starting lineup on April 26.
- Junior IF Ryan Ritter extended his reached base safely streak to 14.
- Redshirt Freshman C Devin Burkes has reached safely in 8 straight games and has a hit in four.
- In game one, Senior OF Adam Fogel tied his career high with three hits and homered in game two.
Kentucky will host No. 18 Auburn to end the regular season Saturday. First pitch is 2 p.m. ET on SECN+. The radio call will be on the UK Sports Network.