Wildcats Win 20th, Run Rule Bellarmine
Ryan Ritter hit a three-run home run and John Thrasher smacked a two-run single as Kentucky got some of its mojo back, thrashing Bellarmine 11-1 in seven innings on Tuesday at Kentucky Proud Park. It was UK’s 20th victory of the season, which has done every full season since 1974 except for 2003.
UK coach Nick Mingione also has 163 wins, tied for fourth with Harry Lancaster (1947, 51-65) on UK’s all-time list.
The Cats rapped four doubles and a homer amongst its eight hits as it used a six-run fifth inning to take control against the Knights. They now will travel to Missouri for a series that opens Thursday night on ESPNU.
- Kentucky is 107-35 in non-conference games under Coach Nick Mingione, including 93-14 vs. non-Power Five opponents. UK is 14-3 in such games in 2022.
- UK has scored in 276 of 279 games in coach Nick Mingione’s tenure.
- Mingione has 163 wins, tied for fourth with Harry Lancaster (1947, 51-65) on UK’s all-time list.
- UK is 44-of-48 on stolen base attempts this season and 7-of-7 in the series.
- The UK pitchers have struck out 355 in 33 games, 10.70 per game.
- Junior INF Chase Estep has reached base safely in 31 of 33 games this season.
- Sophomore INF Reuben Church reached base three times.
- He had his second consecutive multi-hit game of the season and 10th career.
- Junior INF Ryan Ritter hit his fifth home run of the season.
Senior OF John Thrasher set new UK career-long with a six-game hit streak.
- He had his third multi-RBI game of the season and second straight.
Kentucky travels to Missouri for a pivotal SEC series that opens Thursday night. First pitch is at 8 p.m. ET on ESPNU. The radio call will be on the UK Sports Network.