Series Won: Kentucky Baseball Claims Series Over No. 8 TCU
LEXINGTON, Ky. – Kentucky claimed its first series victory over a top 10 foe in nearly years, knocking off No. 8 TCU 5-1 in game one of a doubleheader on a perfect Saturday afternoon at Kentucky Proud Park.
TCU salvaged the final game, 12-8, but only after the Wildcats (10-2) erased a 7-0 deficit.
Chase Estep hit a three-run homer to open game one up after Adam Fogel and Hunter Jump hit back-to-back doubles to spur the Cats, while Tyler Bosma picked up the win with five superb innings.
The Cats nearly pulled a massive rally, during which Jake Plastiak hit a grand slam, in game two but were felled in the ninth inning.
- Kentucky now is 101-32 vs. non-conference opponents during coach Nick Mingione’s tenure, including 78-15 at home.
- This is the first series win over a top 10 opponent since April 2019 at No. 10 Ole Miss.
- The UK pitchers have struck out 137 in 12 games.
- Junior IF Chase Estep went 6-for-12 in the series with a home run and double on Saturday.
- Senior IF Jacob Plastiak
- He is currently riding a career-long 15-game reached safely streak.
- He hit his team-leading fifth home run, a gran slam in game 2.
Senior OFs Adam Fogel and Hunter Jump each had their first UK homers in game 2.
- Fogel had two doubles in game one.
Kentucky hosts Murray State on Tuesday with first pitch scheduled for 4 p.m. ET. The game will be aired on SECN+. The radio call will be on the UK Sports Network (98.5 FM).