Cats Fall at No. 1 Ohio State, Turn Focus to No. 21 Oklahoma
COLUMBUS, Ohio – No. 49 Kentucky made its return to the court for the first time in 10 days with a 4-0 loss at No. 1 Ohio State on Wednesday in Ohio’s capital city.
The Buckeyes, winners of last Monday’s ITA Indoor Team National Championship, advance to 14-0 on the season, while the Wildcats fall to 6-5.
UK senior Ryo Matsumura was slated at No. 29 in the latest ITA National Singles Rankings released in the midst of Wednesday’s match, but fell 6-3, 6-0 to top-ranked JJ Wolf of Ohio State. Matsumura moves to 2-2 overall versus nationally ranked opponents.
Next, Kentucky will head to Orlando, Fla. for the USTA National Campus Collegiate Series this weekend. The Cats will take on No. 21 Oklahoma on Sunday at noon ET.
For the latest on Kentucky men’s tennis, follow @UKMensTennis on Twitter and @KentuckyMensTennis on Instagram, and follow the team on the web at UKAthletics.com.
#1 OHIO STATE 4, #49 KENTUCKY 0
- #1 JJ Wolf (OSU) def. #29 Ryo Matsumura (UK) 6-3, 6-0
- #30 John McNally (OSU) vs. Enzo Wallart (UK) 6-4, 2-1, unfinished
- #26 Kyle Seelig (OSU) def. Cesar Bourgois (UK) 6-3, 6-2
- #69 Martin Joyce (OSU) vs. Kento Yamada (UK) 6-4, 5-4, unfinished
- #91 Alex Kobelt (OSU) def. Theo McDonald (UK) 7-5, 6-3
- Hunter Tubert (OSU) vs. Parth Aggarwal (UK) 6-1, 4-4, unfinished
- JJ Wolf/Martin Joyce (OSU) def. Enzo Wallart/Cesar Bourgois (UK) 6-1
- #3 Alex Kobelt/Kyle Seelig (OSU) def. Ryo Matsumura/Kento Yamada (UK) 6-1
- #32 John McNally/Hunter Tubert (OSU) vs. Theo McDonald/Fabian Penzkofer (UK) 3-3, unfinished
For more information contact:
Connor Link (firstname.lastname@example.org) – (859) 257-3838