Kentucky Women’s Basketball Postgame Notes
No. 18/20 Kentucky vs. Middle Tennessee
Memorial Coliseum – Lexington, Ky.
Saturday, December 15, 2018
No. 18/20 Kentucky 72, Middle Tennessee 55 – FINAL
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky moves to 10-1 on the season while Middle Tennessee is now 7-3.
- The Wildcats will return to action Tuesday at 7 p.m. ET vs. Western Carolina inside Memorial Coliseum. The game will be streamed on the SEC Network+ while Darren Headrick will have the call on radio on the UK Sports Network.
- The Wildcats are in the midst of a five-game home stand.
- Kentucky leads the all-time series in games played against Middle Tennessee, 16-5.
- UK leads the series in games played in Lexington, 10-1.
- Kentucky has won six of the last seven games in the series.
- UK is now 60-32 all-time against teams from Conference USA.
- UK is now 808-533 all-time in program history.
- Matthew Mitchell is in his 12th year with the Wildcats and holds a 266-118 record. Mitchell is 296-147 overall in 14 years as a head coach.
- The Wildcats hold a 445-156 all-time record in Memorial Coliseum, including a 154-27 mark under Coach Mitchell.
- Kentucky is ranked No. 18 in the Associated Press Top 25 and No. 20 in the USA Today/Coaches Top 25.
- Kentucky used the starting combination of senior guard Taylor Murray, senior guard Maci Morris, freshman guard Rhyne Howard, sophomore forward KeKe McKinney and sophomore forward Tatyana Wyatt.
- Kentucky is now 9-1 this season with this starting combination.
- UK led 20-11 at the end of the first quarter thanks to shooting 8-of-12 from the field, including 3-of-5 from long range.
- Freshman guard Blair Green was 2-for-3 from the field with both being 3s in the first 10 minutes.
- UK forced MTSU into five turnovers in the first quarter and scored seven points off those miscues.
- Kentucky took a 22 point lead into the half thanks to ending the second quarter on a 13-0 run.
- Maci Morris had 12 points in the first half on 3-of-4 shooting, including 5-of-5 from the free-throw line.
- Blair Green had 11 points on 3-of-5 shooting, including 3-of-3 from long range.
- The Wildcats shot a season-best 71 percent from the field in the first half, going 15-for-21 from the field, including 5-of-7 from long range. UK was also 10-of-11 from the charity stripe in the first half.
- The 45 first-half points were the third most in the first half this season for Kentucky.
- UK had 10 assists on 15 first-half field goals.
- Middle Tennessee outscored Kentucky 18-11 in the third quarter going 8-of-10 from the field, while the Wildcats went just 5-of-16.
- The Wildcats shot a season best 56.8 percent from the field in the game. It was only the second time this season that UK has hit over 50 percent from the field.
- UK forced MTSU into 18 turnovers and scored 21 points off those miscues.
Senior guard Maci Morris scored 14 points with four rebounds and two steals.
- Morris now has 1,391 career points, which ranks 16th most in program history. She needs 42 more to tie Jodie Whitaker for 15th all-time in school history in points scored.
- Morris has 206 career 3-pointers made which ranks second in program history. She needs 65 more 3s to tie Sara Potts for most all-time.
- Morris has hit at least one 3-pointer in 24 straight games.
- Senior guard Taylor Murray scored 12 points with six assists and three steals.
- Murray now has 1,124 career points and ranks 27th all-time in points scored. She needs 21 more points to tie Karen Mosley for 26th all-time.
- Murray has 373 career assists which ranks ninth most in program history. She needs 27 more to tie Rita Adams for eighth.
Freshman guard Rhyne Howard scored eight points with four rebounds and three assists.
- This was the first game this season that Howard has not scored in double figures.
- Sophomore forward KeKe McKinney scored a career-high 13 points with a career-high five blocks.
- This is the second time this season that McKinney has scored 10 or more points.
- McKinney has scored 10 or more points six times in her career.
- Freshman guard Blair Green scored 11 points in the first half.
- She ended the game 3-of-3 from long range, which was a career-high in 3 makes.