KENTUCKY BASEBALL POSTGAME NOTES
Alabama vs. Kentucky
May 23, 2016
Metropolitan Stadium, Hoover, Ala.
FINAL SCORE: Alabama 5, Kentucky 2
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 32-25 overall, ending a two-game winning streak. Alabama is 32-24
- UK head coach Gary Henderson is 258-199 in his eighth season
- Alabama leads the series, 61-40
- Next for Kentucky: the Wildcats await the NCAA Selection Show on Monday regarding a possible bid to the NCAA Tournament.
- UK is 20-22 when facing a right-handed starting pitcher
- UK has a 25-9 record in day games
- Making its 19th appearance in the SEC Tournament, Kentucky now has a 20-33 record in the event.
- Sophomore Zach Logue made his ninth start of the season, his first against an SEC opponent.
* Logue went 5.2 innings, tying his season-long appearance, and threw a season-high 95 pitches.
* Logue allowed three runs (two earned) on six hits, struck out two and walked one.
- Sophomore first baseman Evan White homered to lead off the fourth inning, his fifth long ball of the season.
* White’s home run extended his current hitting streak to 16 games. It is his second double-digit hit streak of the season as he had a 21-game string from March 4 to April 3.
- Sophomore shortstop Riley Mahan singled in the fifth inning and had an RBI double in the seventh. It was his 13th double of the season and his 19th multiple-hit game of the season.