KENTUCKY BASEBALL POSTGAME NOTES
Kentucky at No. 25 Indiana
May 10, 2016
Bart Kaufman Field, Bloomington, Ind.
FINAL SCORE: Indiana 3, Kentucky 2
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is now 29-20 overall, ending a two-game winning streak. Indiana is 29-19 and has won 17 of its last 21 games
- UK head coach Gary Henderson is 255-194 in his eighth season
- Kentucky leads the series 19-18
- Next for UK: Kentucky continues its road trip with a three-game series at Ole Miss
- Thursday at 7:30 p.m. EDT, televised on ESPNU
- Friday at 7:30 p.m. EDT, televised on WatchESPN via SEC Network+
- Saturday at 5 p.m EDT, televised on WatchESPN via SEC Network+
- All three games will be available on the UK Sports Radio Network
- Kentucky is 5-6 against ranked opponents this season
- Kentucky is 7-8 in away games this season
- UK is 19-17 when facing a right-handed starting pitcher
- UK has a 23-7 record in day games
- UK is 3-2 in May
- UK is 3-4 on Tuesdays
- Sophomore lefthander Zach Logue made his seventh start of the season and turned in a solid performance against the No. 25-ranked Hoosiers. He went five innings, allowing one run on four hits, striking out four and walking one.
- Junior leftfielder Zach Reks had a fine game in the field and at the plate.
* He went back to the wall to catch a long fly ball in the second inning.
* He got the Wildcats on the board in the third inning with an RBI single.
* He hit a solo home run in the sixth inning. It is his fifth home run of the year, including four homers in the last seven games.
* It is his 10th multiple-hit game of the season.
- Junior shortstop Riley Mahan singled twice, his 15th multi-hit game of the season.
- Senior rightfielder Dorian Hairston singled twice, his fifth multi-hit game of the season.