KENTUCKY BASEBALL POSTGAME NOTES
No. 2 South Carolina at No. 28 Kentucky
May 6, 2016
Cliff Hagan Stadium, Lexington, Ky.
FINAL SCORE: South Carolina 10, Kentucky 5
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is now 27-19 overall, 11-11 in the Southeastern Conference. South Carolina is 36-9, 16-5 in league play
- UK head coach Gary Henderson is 253-193 in his eighth season
- South Carolina leads the series, 46-31
- Next for UK: Kentucky continues the three-game series vs. South Carolina on Saturday at 6:30 p.m. The game is televised on WatchESPN via SEC Network +. The game also will be available on the UK Sports Radio Network.
- Kentucky is 18-9 in home games this season
- UK is 17-17 when facing a right-handed starting pitcher
- UK has a 5-12 record in night games
- UK is 1-2 in May
- UK is 3-9 on Fridays.
- Junior right-hander Zack Brown made his 12th start of the season. He went 5.1 innings and took the loss
- Junior left-hander Logan Salow pitched well in relief, throwing 2.2 scoreless innings
- In the bottom of the first inning, with two out and two on, sophomore shortstop Riley Mahan launched a long home run over the right field fence. It was his fifth home run of the season and first since his walk-off grand slam vs. Alabama on April 9.
* Mahan also singled in the sixth and eighth innings, giving him his third three-hit game of the season.
* Mahan tied his career high with three hits in the game.
- Junior outfielder Zach Reks hit a solo home run in fifth inning, his third homer of the season.
* It is his second consecutive weekend with a long ball as he also homered last week at Auburn.
- Junior third baseman JaVon Shelby made his team-leading 150th career start.
- Sophomore first baseman Evan White opened the Wildcat first inning with a single, extending his hitting streak to eight games. He scored on Mahan’s home run.
* White also singled in the third inning, his team-leading 20th multi-hit game of the season.
* He has made a team-leading 98 consecutive starts.