University of Kentucky Launches the New UKAthletics.com, a State-of-the-Art Digital Experience for Fans
LEXINGTON, Ky. – UKathletics.com has undergone a comprehensive redesign that will create a more interactive digital experience for fans on all devices, Athletics Director Mitch Barnhart announced. This is the first site redesign for UK since 2011, demonstrating the University’s commitment to a new, full suite of updated digital fan experiences. The expansive digital product portfolio includes state of the art responsive web, enhanced mobile, integrated social media, live video streaming, video on demand and custom content.
“We are committed to creating the best possible experiences for our fans, whether they are attending events or visiting our website,” Barnhart said. “This redesign is another step toward that goal. I would like to thank my staff, SportsLabs and JMI Sports for their continuing work to make UKathletics.com the best it can be.”
The new website and portfolio of digital products was developed in partnership with UK rights holder JMI Sports and SportsLabs, a leading sports technology and media company. The collaboration is developing a comprehensive digital roadmap that includes first to market technologies, new distribution outlets and a digital monetization strategy that will focus on adding to the value of the blue chip Kentucky brand.
JMI Sports’ UK Sports & Campus Marketing President Paul Archey explained, “UK’s enhanced digital portfolio will enable new sales partnerships that will bring unique digital experiences to local and national sponsors.” As part of the new platform, Paul Miller Ford will sponsor a live stream of Coach Calipari and Coach Stoops radio shows, to broaden the reach to fans.
The website offers fans key new features, including:
• User-friendly schedule interface, revamped rosters for UK’s 22 teams, and detailed biography pages for 500-plus Wildcat student-athletes
• Video integrated directly on the home page for easier fan discovery
• UK Athletics’ social media presence – among the national leaders among college athletics departments – will be integrated throughout the site, enabling fans to access breaking news and relevant social posts from Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
• Fully responsive site design, which allows users to view content in a consistent, streamlined, and user-friendly presentation across all desktop, mobile, and tablet devices
• Content from Cat Scratches, UK Athletics’ groundbreaking feature-based blog
In addition to the new site, fans will also see:
• Official UK Gameday Mobile Application – featuring live streaming game audio broadcasts and social posts from the game
• Official UK All-Sports Mobile Application – a single source for scores, schedules, social, video, news and more for every UK sport
• Continuous Investment in Digital – whether custom content, new products or enhancing experiences the University, JMI Sports and SportsLabs are committed to keeping Cats fans at the forefront
“JMI Sports will always look for the best in class products, services and technology to serve the needs of UK and strengthen our partnership,” added Erik Judson, CEO of JMI Sports. “Our team in Lexington, led by Paul Archey, performed extraordinary due diligence to find the best solution for UK Athletics. We are very pleased and proud to have SportsLabs as a partner.”
“Working hand-in-hand with the university and JMI Sports, we believe we are building something extraordinary that will better deliver on the premium brand that is the University of Kentucky,” said John Burris, president of SportsLabs.
About JMI Sports
JMI Sports (www.jmisports.com) is a leading provider of sales, marketing and project management services to universities and professional sports teams. With expertise in multimedia rights, sponsorships, sports facility development, project financing and business operations, the company delivers innovative solutions that maximize revenue and future brand value. JMI Sports was founded in 2006 by CEO Erik Judson and technology entrepreneur John Moores, former owner of the San Diego Padres.
SportsLabs (www.sportslabs.com) is a leading sports technology provider. At the core of the SportsLabs’ technology is its proprietary Advanced Media Platform (AMP), which streams more audio/video content to more platforms than any other college sports provider. AMP for Sports can ingest any content across the sports, social and media and delivers it directly to fans on any digital device or platform in the market. SportsLabs is a Silver Chalice company, the high-growth venture arm of the Chicago White Sox.