Jan. 31, 2014
Team Records and Series Notes
- UK fell to 16-5 overall this season and 4-4 in the SEC.
- Kentucky’s all-time record is 702-482 (.593) in 40 seasons of varsity basketball.
- Mitchell is in his seventh season as the head coach of the Wildcats and owns a record of 160-67 at UK. Overall, Mitchell is 190-96 in nine seasons.
- He already ranks first on UK’s all-time wins list with 160 and winning percentage (.705).
- Mitchell is now 65-35 in SEC play, and 27-23 on the road.
- UK is 14-36 all-time vs. Georgia, including a 4-17 record in games played in Athens.
- Today’s attendance was 2,509.
- Next up: The Wildcats return to Memorial Coliseum on Sunday, Feb. 2 to play host to 14th-ranked LSU Lady Tigers at Noon ET. The game will be televised on Fox Sports South.
First Half Notes
- UK started with the lineup of Jennifer O’Neill, Kastine Evans, Bria Goss, Jelleah Sidney and Samarie Walker for the first time this season.
- The Wildcats are 1-1 this season when using this starting lineup.
- Bria Goss scored the first points of the game for UK with a 16-foot jumper from the top of the key.
- Azia Bishop and DeNesha Stallworth were the first UK players off the bench at the 16:47 mark in the first half.
- UK’s 24 first half points tied a season low.
- UK has hit a 3-pointer in 349 consecutive games.
- The Wildcats have forced double-digit turnovers in 173 consecutive games.
- Kentucky dropped to 4-5 this season and 60-39 in the Mitchell era in close games (decided by 10 points or less).
- UK’s last seven SEC games have been decided by 11 points or less. UK when 3-4 in those close calls.
- UK shot a season-low 30.2 percent (16-of-53) from the field.