Jan. 26, 2014
Team Records and Series Notes
- UK improved to 16-4 overall this season and 4-3 in the SEC.
- Kentucky’s all-time record is 702-481 (.593) in 40 seasons of varsity basketball.
- The Wildcats are 381-143 in Memorial Coliseum, including 91-15 in the Matthew Mitchell era.
- Kentucky improved to 73-6 at home over the last five seasons.
- Mitchell is in his seventh season as the head coach of the Wildcats and owns a record of 160-66 at UK. Overall, Mitchell is 190-95 in nine seasons.
- He already ranks first on UK’s all-time wins list with 160 and winning percentage (.708).
- Mitchell is now 65-34 in SEC play, and 38-12 at home.
- UK is 18-13 all-time vs. Arkansas, including a 12-3 record in games played in Lexington. UK has won four straight in the series and seven straight in Lexington.
- Today’s attendance was 5,396.
- The Matthew Mitchell Foundation announced earlier this week it would donate $2 for every fan attending this week’s games to the Pat Summitt Foundation. With 4,722 fans vs. Alabama on Thursday and 5,396 vs. Arkansas, the total was $20,236. Coach Mitchell announced today he would double the amount, making the grand total $40,472.
- Next up: The Wildcats travel to Athens, Ga., to take on the Georgia Lady Bulldogs on Thursday, Jan. 30 at 9 p.m. ET. The game will be televised on Fox Sports South.
First Half Notes
- UK started with the lineup of Jennifer O’Neill, Kastine Evans, Bria Goss, Jelleah Sidney and Samarie Walker for the first time this season.
- Sidney received her first career start.
- It marked O’Neill’s second start of the season. She also started vs. Missouri on Jan. 12.
- Azia Bishop and Janee Thompson were the first UK players off the bench at the 15:15 mark in the first half.
- O’Neill led all scorers at the break with 16 points on 6-of-8 shooting from the field, including 4-of-6 from downtown.
- UK is 3-3 on the season and 2-2 in SEC play when trailing at the half.
Second Half Notes
- UK began the second half with the same starting five that started the game.
- Janee Thompson scored 11 of her 13 points in the half.
- The Wildcats trailed by as many as 10 points.
- UK has hit a 3-pointer in 348 consecutive games.
- The Wildcats have forced double-digit turnovers in 172 consecutive games.
- Kentucky outrebounded the Razorbacks, 39-26. The Wildcats have outrebounded 13-of-20 opponents this season and nine by double digits.
- Arkansas’ 26 rebounds were the second-lowest by a Kentucky opponent this season.
- Kentucky improved to 4-4 this season and 60-38 in the Mitchell era in close games (decided by 10 points or less).
- In “bounce back” games, UK moved to 3-1 on the season in games following a loss and 41-17 in the Mitchell era.
- Junior Jennifer O’Neill scored a team-high 21 points.
- Marked her 14th game with 10 or more and second with 20 or more points this season.
- Pulled down a season-best six rebounds, including a career-high six defensive boards.
- Dished a game-high five assists, marking her sixth game with five-plus assists this season.
- Tied a career best with five 3-pointers (5-of-9).
- Moved into sole possession of sixth place on UK’s career list with 119, passing Tiffany Wait (1995-2000).
- Sophomore Janee Thompson finished with 13 points for her 12th game of 10-plus points this season.
- Junior Bria Goss recorded her ninth double-figure game of the season and second straight with 10 points.
- Senior Kastine Evans recorded a career-high two blocks.