Jan. 23, 2014
Team Records and Series Notes
- UK fell to 15-4 overall this season and 3-3 in the SEC.
- Kentucky’s all-time record is 701-481 (.593) in 40 seasons of varsity basketball.
- The Wildcats are 380-143 in Memorial Coliseum, including 90-15 in the Matthew Mitchell era.
- Kentucky is now 72-6 at home over the last five seasons.
- Mitchell is in his seventh season as the head coach of the Wildcats and owns a record of 159-66 at UK. Overall, Mitchell is 189-95 in nine seasons.
- He already ranks first on UK’s all-time wins list with 159 and winning percentage (.707).
- Mitchell is now 64-34 in SEC play, and 37-12 at home.
- UK is 24-17 all-time vs. Alabama, including a 12-6 record in games played in Lexington.
- Snapped a six-game winning streak over the Tide in Lexington.
- Kentucky dropped to 59-38 in close games under Coach Mitchell.
- Tonight’s attendance was 4,722.
- Next up: The Wildcats finish their two-game homestand with a visit from the Arkansas Razorbacks on Sunday, Jan. 26 at 1 p.m. ET. The game will be televised on Fox Sports South.
First Half Notes
- UK started with the lineup of Janee Thompson, Kastine Evans, Bria Goss, DeNesha Stallworth and Samarie Walker.
- The Wildcats are 10-2 this season when using this starting lineup.
- DeNesha Stallworth scored the first points of the game for UK with a 17-foot jump shot from the top of the key.
- Azia Bishop, Makayla Epps, Linnae Harper and Jennifer O’Neill were the first UK players off the bench at the 16:42 mark in the first half.
- Goss led all scorers at the break with 12 points on 4-of-5 shooting from the field.
- The Wildcats dropped to 13-1 on the season when leading or tied at the half.
Second Half Notes
- UK began the second half with the same starting five that started the game.
- Samarie Walker scored the first 10 points of the half for UK. She fouled out with 1:46 to go in the game.
- UK has hit a 3-pointer in 347 consecutive games.
- UK forced 21 Crimson Tide turnovers and is now 11-1 this season when forcing 20-plus turnovers.
- The Wildcats have forced double-digit turnovers in 171 consecutive games.
- Kentucky was just 2-of-15 (13.3 percent) from 3-point range, which marks the second-lowest output of the season in 3-pointers made and percentage.
- The Wildcats shot 37.9 percent (22-of-58) from the field. The 22 made field goals tied a season low and the 58 attempts were a season low.
- Senior Samarie Walker scored a team-high 18 points.
- It marked her team-high 14th double-figure scoring game of the season and seventh straight.
- Finished 8-of-9 from the field and the eight made field goals tied a career high.
- Junior Bria Goss recorded her eighth double-figure game of the season with 14 points.
- Tied a career high with five defensive rebounds.
- Junior Jelleah Sidney pulled down a career-best five offensive rebounds.
- Junior Jennifer O’Neill was held to a season-low four points.