Jan. 5, 2014
Team Records and Series Notes
- UK fell to 13-2 overall this season and 1-1 in the SEC.
- Kentucky’s all-time record is 699-479 (.593) in 40 seasons of varsity basketball.
- The loss snapped UK’s nine-game Memorial Coliseum winning streak.
- Mitchell is in his seventh season as the head coach of the Wildcats and owns a record of 157-64 at UK. Overall, Mitchell is 187-93 in nine seasons.
- He already ranks first on UK’s all-time wins list with 157 and winning percentage (.710).
- Mitchell is now 62-32 in SEC play, and 36-11 at home.
- UK is 25-23 all-time vs. Florida and 13-10 in games played in Lexington. The loss snapped Kentucky’s six-game winning streak vs. Florida.
- The loss marks the first time since Jan. 9, 2011 vs. Georgia that the Wildcats lost at home to an unranked opponent.
- Today’s attendance was 7,039 .
- Next up: The Wildcats travel to Columbia, S.C., to face the No. 13/12 South Carolina Gamecocks on Thursday, Jan. 9 at 7 p.m. ET.
First Half Notes
- UK started with the lineup of Janee Thompson, Bria Goss, Kastine Evans, Azia Bishop and Samarie Walker.
- The Wildcats are 4-1 this season when using this starting lineup.
- Bria Goss scored the first points of the game for UK on a 10-foot jump shot.
- Makayla Epps, Linnae Harper, Jennifer O’Neill, Bernisha Pinkett and Jelleah Sidney were the first UK players off the bench at the 14:22 mark in the first half.
- DeNesha Stallworth checked into the game at the 8:46 mark, after missing the last five games with a knee injury.
- Kentucky trailed at the half (44-45) for just the third time this season.
- UK when trailing at half in Mitchell era 30-51.
- The Wildcats shot 42.1 percent (16-of-38) from the field, while allowing the Gators to shoot 51.4 percent (18-of-35).
- Bernisha Pinkett provided a spark off the bench by hitting three 3-pointers for a team-high nine first half points.
Second Half Notes
- UK began the second half with the same starting five that started the game.
- Kentucky used a 9-0 run to take its largest lead of the game, 62-53, midway through the half.
- The Wildcats were 0-of-5 from 3-point range in the half.
- UK has hit a 3-pointer in 343 consecutive games.
- The Wildcats have forced double-digit turnovers in 167 consecutive games.
- The Wildcats were outrebounded by the Gators, 42-40, marking the second straight game UK has been outrebounded.
- Kentucky shot just 35.2 percent (25-of-71) from the field, marking the second-lowest shooting percentage of the season.
- UK allowed the Gators to shoot 49.1 percent (28-of-57) from the field, which is the second-highest field goal percentage by a UK opponent this season.
- Only two Wildcats finished in double-figures.
- Junior Jennifer O’Neill scored a team-high 15 points and handed out three assists.
- Has reached double-figures in 11 games this season, two in a row.
- Senior Samarie Walker recorded her 16th career double-double and fifth of the season with 10 points and 12 rebounds.
- Second straight game with a double-double.
- Her 10th double-figure scoring game and eighth double-figure rebounding game of the season.
- Junior Azia Bishop pulled down a game-high 11 rebounds.
- Marks her third double-figure rebounding effort of the season.
- Tied a season high with six defensive rebounds.
- Senior Bernisha Pinkett tied a career high with three 3-point field goals.