Four Wildcats Invited to SEC Student-Athlete Leadership Council, SAAC Meetings
LEXINGTON, Ky. – Four Wildcats have been invited to attend the Southeastern Conference Student-Athlete Leadership Council meeting and Student-Athlete Advisory Committee meeting, an annual gathering that will begin Friday afternoon and conclude Saturday afternoon in Birmingham, Alabama.
During the meeting, the group of 66 SEC student-athletes will hear a presentation on the topics of personal and professional development and mental health. They will also have a conversation with Commissioner Greg Sankey and SEC Chief Medical Advisor Dr. Katie O’Neal.
The SEC Student-Athlete Leadership Council provides an opportunity for SEC student-athletes to engage with campus leaders and conference office staff. Leadership Councils for football and men’s and women’s basketball, along with SAAC, provide a conduit of communication to the conference office on issues related to student-athlete experience, student-athlete wellness and playing rules.
UK’s student-athlete representatives are as follows:
Ben Damge, Men’s Soccer, Sr.
• 2022 CSC Academic All-District honoree
• Sun Belt Conference Offensive Player of the Week (10/11/22)
• Recorded hat trick against Georgia Southern
• Recorded six goals and two assists in 2022
• Tallied 17 shots with 11 on goal in 16 matches played
Kenneth Horsey, Football, Gr.
• 2022 All-SEC Third Team Offense
• 2022 Pop Warner College Football Award finalist
• Elected a team captain last season
• Named to the 2021 Allstate AFCA Good Works Team because of his remarkable comeback story after having open-heart surgery, which inspired him to promote hearth health in his communities
• Has played in 37 career games with 33 straight starting assignments
Nyah Leveretter, Women’s Basketball, Sr.
• 2023-24 UK SAAC Vice President
• 2022-23 SEC Men’s and Women’s Basketball Leadership Council representative
• 2022-23 Frank G. Ham Society of Character
• 2021, 2022 SEC Academic Honor Roll
• Played in 26 games and made 21 starts in 2022-23, averaging 2.5 points per game and 3.9 rebounds per game in 19.9 minutes per game
• Led Kentucky in blocks in seven games on the season and in rebounds in five games in 2022-23
Tallulah Miller, Women’s Soccer, So.
• Completed her redshirt freshman season in 2022
• Started 17 of 18 games in goal for Kentucky during 2022 campaign
• Made 49 saves on the season including a career-high seven against Tennessee
• Won seven games in goal while registering three shutouts
• 2022 SEC Academic Honor Roll
For more information on the Kentucky women’s basketball team, visit UKathletics.com or follow @KentuckyWBB on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.