Kentucky Women’s Basketball Postgame Notes
No. 19/15 Kentucky vs. Florida
Rupp Arena – Lexington, Ky.
No. 19/15 Kentucky 62, Florida 51 – FINAL
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky moves to 18-5 on the season and 5-4 in the league while Florida is now 5-17, 1-8 in the SEC.
- The Wildcats will return to action Thursday at Auburn at 7 p.m. ET inside Auburn Arena. The game will be broadcast on SEC Network+ while Darren Headrick will have the call on radio on the UK Sports Network.
- Kentucky leads the all-time series in games played against Florida, 31-25.
- UK owns a 16-10 mark in games played in Lexington.
- The Wildcats have won three straight games against the Gators in the series.
- UK is now 816-537 all-time in its 45 years as a program.
- Matthew Mitchell is in his 12th year with the Wildcats and holds a 274-122 record. Mitchell is 304-151 overall in 14 years as a head coach.
- Kentucky is ranked No. 19 in the Associated Press Top 25 and No. 15 in the USA Today/Coaches Top 25.
- UK owns a 27-18 all-time record in Rupp Arena, including a 2-0 mark this season.
- Kentucky has played at least one game in Rupp Arena since 2011-12.
- Kentucky used the starting combination of senior guard Taylor Murray, senior guard Maci Morris, freshman guard Rhyne Howard, sophomore forward KeKe McKinney and sophomore forward Tatyana Wyatt.
- The Wildcats are 16-4 with those starting five this season.
- Florida started the game on a 9-0 run hitting two 3s and going 3-of-4 from the field forcing a UK timeout with 7:39 to go in the first quarter.
- Kentucky started the game 0-of-7 from the field.
- Kentucky ended the first quarter on a 7-0 run to tie the game at 15-15 after the first quarter.
- UK shot just 27 percent from the field in the first quarter, going 6-for-22 overall and 1-for-6 from 3.
- Florida attempted just seven field goals in the first quarter, going 4-of-7 from the field and 3-of-5 from long range.
- The Gators had 10 turnovers in the first quarter and UK scored 10 points off those miscues.
- After Florida gained a 15-8 lead with 2:16 left in the first quarter, Kentucky outscored the Gators 22-7 over the next 12 minutes of play to take a 30-23 lead into the break at halftime.
- Kentucky outscored Florida 15-8 in the second quarter.
- Kentucky forced Florida into 16 turnovers in the first half and score 21 points off those miscues.
- The Wildcats shot 31.7 percent from the field in the game and have shot less than 40 percent from the field in each of their last four games.
- UK’s 31.7 percent from the field was its second lowest all season.
- Kentucky limited Florida to 51 points and have limited four SEC teams this season to 55 points or less.
- Three Wildcats scored in double figures in the game moving UK to 9-2 this season when UK accomplishes that feat.
- UK won the boards against Florida and has now won the rebounding battle in three of the last four games.
Senior guard Maci Morris scored 10 points – all in the second half – hitting two threes with a rebound, block and steal.
- Morris now has 1,572 career points, which ranks eighth most in program history. She needs 26 more point to tie Pam Browning for 7th all-time in school history in points scored.
- Morris has 235 career 3-pointers made which ranks second in program history. She needs 36 more 3s to tie Sara Potts for most all-time.
- Morris has hit at least one 3-pointer in 100 of 119 career games played.
- Morris set a new career high with seven assists in the game.
- Senior guard Taylor Murray scored 13 points with three rebounds, three assists, one block and one steal.
- Murray now has 1,236 career points and ranks 20th all-time in points scored. She needs 82 more points to tie Bria Goss for 19th with 1,318.
- Murray has 410 career assists which ranks seventh most in program history. She needs 15 more to tie Amber Smith for sixth all-time in program history.
- Murray has 256 career steals which ranks seventh most in program history. She needs 16 more steals to move into the top five in program history.
Freshman guard Rhyne Howard led Kentucky with 16 points, adding five rebounds, one assists and one steal.
- Howard has led Kentucky in scoring 10 times this season.
- Howard has score 15 or more points in 15 games this season.
- Howard has score 361 point this season which ties the fifth most by a freshman in a season in program history. She needs one more point to tie Samantha Mohoney for fourth. She needs 280 more points to tie Valerie Still for the program record.
- Howard has hit 51 3-pointers this season, which is the most ever by a true freshman in a single season in program history.
- Junior guard Amanda Paschal recorded a career high nine rebounds in the game.
- Paschal added six points and hit two 3s in the first half.
- Freshman guard Blair Green scored eight points with five rebounds.
- Green hit a 3-pointer and recorded two steals in the game.