- title Director of Player Development
- Tim Owens was hired as Kentucky Football’s Director of Player Development in 2022 after four years in player development in the National Football League.
- In his role, he helps prepare student-athletes for personal, academic and athletic development success through UK’s “4 for 40” program and he works with special assistant to the head coach Eddie Gran with NIL (Name, Image and Likeness) and player branding as well as community service opportunities.
- From 2019-21, Owens was the player engagement and youth football manager for the Jacksonville Jaguars, where he helped coordinate all team life skills programming as well as the Jaguars Rookie Club and NFL Rookie Success Program. Additionally, Owens worked closely with players on continuing education, career internships, professional development, employee assistance and financial education.
- Prior to joining the Jaguars, Owens spent five years with the Naval Academy Football Program, where he assisted Midshipmen in the art of leadership and achieving excellence in their moral, mental and physical development. While at the Naval Academy, he served as a liaison between the football student-athletes, internal/external departments, and agencies related to player development. He also transitioned student-athletes into the military way of life with appropriate departments while identifying and monitoring at-risk student-athletes.
- As a retired United States Marine, Owens has an extensive military background which includes stints as a Foreign Security Forces Advisor for North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), Supply and Logistician, a Drill Instructor at Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island, S.C., Company Gunnery Sergeant, Leadership Academy Instructor, Combat Conditioning Instructor, Martial Arts Instructor, and combat deployments.
- Greenville, South Carolina native.
- Earned a bachelor’s degree in sports management in 2015 and a master’s degree in exercise science from California University of Pennsylvania in 2017.
- Married to the former Erin Adams of Burbank, California and they have one daughter, Elon.
- Some of Owens’ personal military decorations include Meritorious Service Medal, Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal, Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal, Global War on Terrorism, and the Good Conduct Medal.