LEXINGTON, Ky. – Alex Goff, a senior on the Kentucky men’s golf team, has been named Second-Team All-Southeastern Conference, the league office announced Wednesday. In addition, fellow senior Cooper Parks has been selected as the Wildcats’ SEC Community Service Team honoree.
Goff, who has been selected to participate as an individual at the NCAA Auburn Regional next week and is the first Kentucky All-SEC selection since Lukas Euler in 2019, has put together a standout senior season, leading the Wildcats with a 70.60 scoring average, with a team-high four top 10 finishes and eight in the top 20. The Kings Mountain, North Carolina, native has played 30 rounds over 10 tournaments, with 28.3 of those 30 rounds counting toward the team tally. Goff has recorded a team-high 22 rounds of par or better, including a team-best 19 under-par, and has three second-place finishes in his last six tournaments, including an 8-under-par 202 at the SEC Championship last month.
Not only is Alex Goff leading the Wildcats in several statistical categories, many of his numbers rank favorably among Kentucky golfers dating back to the 1993-94 season. Consider:
– Through his first 30 rounds of the season, Goff’s 70.60 scoring average and -0.80 strokes versus par are the best among Wildcats in that era, besting J.B. Holmes’ 71.29 average, -0.13 strokes against par, in his 2003-04 All-America campaign.
– Goff’s 84.1% finish percentage ranks second behind Holmes’ 93.2% finish percentage in 2003-04 narrowly ahead of Holmes’ 83.5% finish percentage in 2001-02.
– Goff’s season par-4 scoring average is best in program history at 4.0000, besting Holmes’ 4.0234 in 2003-04.
– His 4.6945 par-5 averages sits third while his 3.0601 par-3 average ranks fifth.
– Goff’s 7-under 65 in the second round of the Hootie at Bulls Bay this year is tied for the fourth-lowest round for a Wildcat since 1993-94. Four different players, including Goff at the Vanderbilt Legends Collegiate in 2021-22, have carded a 64. The 7-under-par round is one of a dozen by Wildcats since 1993-94, marking the best score versus par.
– For his career, Goff’s 71.72 scoring average through 102 rounds, ranks best of any Wildcat, ahead of Chip McDaniel’s 72.02 average in 137 rounds from 2015-18.
Goff will tee it up in the Auburn Regional May 15-17 at Auburn University Club. A total of 30 qualifying teams and six individuals not on those qualifying teams will advance to the finals, held May 26-31 at Grayhawk Golf Club in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Parks, who has teed it up in four events this season, finishing in a tie for 45th at the Island Resort Intercollegiate in September, is a two-time Academic All-SEC selection who has completed more than 20 hours of community service this academic year. A native of Campbellsville, Kentucky, Parks has assisted with Fellowship of Christian Athletes, the Ronald McDonald House and various mentor programs in the community.
For the latest on the Kentucky men’s golf team, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and on the web at UKathletics.com.