No. 9 Kentucky Grounds the Dayton Flyers
Emilien Pitre delivered a two-out, two-run go-ahead single to lift No. 9 Kentucky to a 13-6 victory in front of 3,274 fans on Tuesday night, the largest crowd of the season at Kentucky Proud Park. UK now is 18-1 at home this season.
The Wildcats (26-3) were in a dogfight trough five innings before Pitre’s hit highlighted a four-run sixth inning and the Cats tacked on five more in the seventh. Nolan McCarthy drove in four runs and had three hits while Hunter Gilliam extended his hit streak to 22 games.
Both teams used a parade of pitchers on a glorious weather evening in the Bluegrass. Kentucky now has won 22 of its last 23 games.
- Kentucky is 33-6 over its last 39 games dating to last season.
- Kentucky now has won 22 of its last 23 games.
- UK Coach Nick Mingione is in his seventh season at the helm and now owns a 202-132 career record.
- Kentucky is 127-38 in non-conference games under Coach Mingione.
- UK is 112-16 vs. non-Power Five opponents.
- UK is 45-44 in the month of April under Coach Mingione.
- Mingione is 90-43 at Kentucky Proud Park.
- UK is 8-0 this season in midweek games.
- UK has scored in 328 of 334 games under Coach Mingione.
- The Cats stole three bases and now are 57-of-72 on the season.
- UK was hit by six pitches, including two each for both Jase Felker and Chase Stanke.
- Pitcher Ryan Hagenow on Tuesday was named a Third Team Midseason All-American by Perfect Game.
- First Baseman Hunter Gilliam ran his hit streak to 22 games and he now has reached safely in all 28 games in which he’s played.
- The streak is the second-longest at UK since 2005, one behind Gunnar McNeill’s 23-game streak in 2016.
- He was intentionally walked twice and scored three runs.
- Catcher Devin Burkes has reached safely in 18 consecutive games.
- Infielder Emilien Pitre hit a two-out, two-run go-ahead single in the sixth inning.
- He now has 10 multi-RBI games this season.
- Outfielder Nolan McCarthy had three hits and drove in four.
- He now has three multi-RBI games this season.
- He now has five multi-hit games.
- Outfielder Jackson Gray has reached safely in 20 consecutive games.
- He has been hit by 16 pitches this season.
- Infielder Grant Smith has started all 145 games of his collegiate career.
- He has reached in 17 straight games.
- Pitcher Reed Gannon made his collegiate debut on the mound.
Kentucky will travel to Georgia to open a series on Friday night at 6 p.m. ET. It will be streamed on SECN+. The radio call will be on the UK Sports Network (630 AM WLAP, locally).