Kentucky-Ole Miss Postgame Notes
KENTUCKY POSTGAME NOTES
Kentucky at Ole Miss
Vaught-Hemingway Stadium; Oxford, Mississippi
October 1, 2022
FINAL SCORE: No. 14/11 Ole Miss 22, No. 7/8 Kentucky 19
Team Records and Series Information
- Kentucky is 4-1 overall, 1-1 in the Southeastern Conference. Ole Miss is now 5-0, 1-0 in the league.
- Ole Miss leads the all-time series 30-14-1 and has won three in a row. The Rebels lead 9-2 in games played in Oxford.
- Next for UK: the Wildcats play South Carolina on Saturday, October 8. Game time is 7:30 p.m. EDT. The game will be televised by the SEC Network.
- Kentucky’s loss today ended an eight-game winning streak, tied for the fifth-longest in school history.
- Since 2016, UK is now 20-9 in games decided by seven points or less.
- UK has allowed 23 or fewer points in nine straight games.
- UK has allowed 30 or fewer points in 51 of the last 57 games.
- UK has allowed 74 points so far this season, fewest in the first five games since 2018 (63 in the first five games).
- Quarterback Will Levis completed 18-of-24 passes for 220 yards and two touchdowns.
- He now has 36 career touchdowns passes, fifth on the school’s career list.
- Running back Chris Rodriguez Jr. rushed 19 times for 72 yards and one touchdown. He now has 2,812 career rushing yards, sixth place (needs 80 for 5th) on the school’s all-time list.
- He has 27 rushing touchdowns, second on the Cats’ all-time list.
- He has 30 total touchdowns, fourth on the Cats’ all-time list.
- He has scored a rushing touchdown in six consecutive games played, tying Benny Snell Jr. as the only UK player to do that since 1985.
- Running back Kavosiey Smoke rushed two times for six yards He now has 1,575 career rushing yards and needs 34 to move into 20th place on UK’s career rushing list.
- Wide receiver Barion Brown accounted for 245 all-purpose yards with only five touches during the game.
- He caught two passes for 81 yards, including a 51-yard catch-and-run that put UK in scoring position on the last possession.
- He also had three kickoff returns for 164 yards, an average of 54.7 yards.
- In the first quarter, he set up a touchdown with an 85-yard kickoff return.
- Wide receiver Tayvion Robinson caught four passes for 16 yards and a touchdown. He has 1,920 career receiving yards, including his three seasons at Virginia Tech.
- He now has a reception in 31 consecutive games.
- He scored a nifty 5-yard shovel pass from Will Levis just before halftime.
- Tight end Jordan Dingle caught three passes for 30 yards and a score.
- He hauled in a 17-yard touchdown pass to tie the game in the third quarter.
- It was his first career collegiate scoring reception.
- Linebacker Jacquez Jones had five tackles today. He now has 299 in his career, including his three seasons at Ole Miss.
- He intercepted the second pass of his career in the second quarter.
- Linebacker DeAndre Square led the Wildcats with 11 tackles and now has 276 total tackles in his career.
- First-time starters: sophomore wide receiver Chauncey Magwood.
- Game captains: Jacquez Jones, Will Levis, Chris Rodriguez Jr. and DeAndre Square.