Daniel Harris IV Extends Hit Streak to 10 Games
COLUMBIA, S.C. – Kentucky was shut out for just the fifth time in 314 games as it couldn’t muster any offense in a 7-0 series-clinching win by South Carolina at Founders Park.
UK failed to solve the Rubik’s Cube the Gamecocks have proven to be in recent years, losing its sixth consecutive game to South Carolina and seventh in the past eight meetings.
South Carolina starter Noah Hall was brilliant in eight innings of two-hit baseball as the Gamecocks handed UK (26-23, 9-17) a second of those five shutouts. One bright spot was senior second baseman Daniel Harris IV extending his hit streak to 10 games, the second-longest by a Cat this season.
- UK is 13-34 all-time at Founders Park.
- UK stole two bases and is 67-of-74 on stolen base attempts this season.
- The UK pitchers have struck out 497 in 49 games.
Senior RHP Daniel Harper made his 95th career appearance, breaking a tie with Logan Salow to move into third on the school’s all-time list.
- He has made 84 career relief appearances, good for 17th on the Division I-A active chart.
- Senior OF John Thrasher has 81 career steals, fourth on the NCAA’s active Division I list.
Senior IF Daniel Harris IV now has a 10-game hit streak, lining a ninth-inning single to CF.
- He extended his on-base streak to 13 games.
Kentucky will try to avoid a sweep on Sunday afternoon. First pitch is 1:30 p.m. ET on SECN+. The radio call will be on the UK Sports Network