Important Reminders for Chris Stapleton’s ‘A Concert for Kentucky’
LEXINGTON, Ky. – Ahead of Saturday’s “A Concert for Kentucky” — a special performance hosted by Chris Stapleton benefitting his Outlaw State of Kind Hometown Fund – UK Athletics is issuing important reminders to fans attending the first concert in Kroger Field.
The online headquarters for “A Concert for Kentucky” is UKathletics.com/Stapleton where fans can find relevant information and answer many of the questions associated with UK Athletics hosting the first concert in Kroger Field.
The performance will feature very special guests Willie Nelson and Family, Sheryl Crow and Madelyn Edwards. The show starts at 6 p.m. ET.
100% of the concert’s net proceeds will go toward Chris and Morgane Stapleton’s Outlaw State of Kind Hometown Fund. Established in partnership with the Blue Grass Community Foundation, the fund will specifically support local and national organizations directly impacting Kentucky, with initial grant distributions focusing on music and arts education.
- Fans are urged to arrive early to avoid pre-event delays. The show starts at 6 p.m. ET. Gates open at 4 p.m. ET.
- With the ongoing Keeneland spring meet, and home softball and baseball games, plus a track and field meet for University of Kentucky teams, fans are encouraged to allow extra time to account for traffic congestion in Lexington and on campus on Saturday.
- Fans should enter at the assigned gate listed on their ticket. Fans with floor or pit tickets must use Gate 1 or 12 for entry.
- Magnetometers will be in use at all Kroger Field gates for the first time. All fans must pass through security screening prior to scanning their tickets. Early arrival is highly recommended; please allow for extra time!
- The following items are prohibited:
- Firearms, weapons and pocket knives
- Artificial noisemakers, irritants and laser pointers
- All illegal substances, tobacco products and electronic cigarettes
- Audio & Video recording equipment
- Computer Tablets
- Glass, aluminum containers and ice chests
- Large bags and backpacks
- Outside food and drinks, including alcoholic beverages
- Outside food and drink containers, including hard-shell koozies
- Poles, extensions or selfie sticks
- Professional camera with removable lens
- Portable heaters & combustibles
- Unmanned aircrafts
- The following items are prohibited:
- Fans are reminded to look for their assigned gate on their ticket and enter Kroger Field there.
- Ride Share: If fans are planning on utilizing a ride share on Saturday, they are asked make sure to utilize the designated ride share location at the red lot. Signs are present for loading and drop-off. Permitted vehicles will be allowed to park in stadium lots beginning at noon.
- Prepare for the concert now: Be sure to access mobile tickets and parking pass before arriving to the stadium. Save tickets and parking pass to mobile phone’s digital wallet to avoid connectivity issues and to allow time to troubleshoot and seek assistance if needed.
- Clear bags are required. Visit UKathletics.com/ClearBag for details. There is not an option to store items or bags on site.
- Concessions and merchandise stands will all have the ability to take credit cards.
- All hawkers in the seating bowl are taking cash only.
- Patrons with field-level tickets should plan on bringing cash to be able to make purchases from their seat locations.
- ATMs are available inside Gates 1 and 9.
Presented by Live Nation, the concert went on sale in October 2019. A limited number of tickets remain available through Live Nation.
Kentucky-born Chris Stapleton is a multiple Grammy, CMA and ACM Award-winner and one of the country’s most respected and beloved musicians. Following his quadruple platinum breakthrough solo debut album Traveller, Stapleton released two No. 1 albums in 2017. Both From A Room: Volume 1 (certified platinum) and From A Room: Volume 2 (certified gold) take their name from legendary RCA Studio A, where they were recorded with Grammy Award winning producer, Dave Cobb. Released to overwhelming critical acclaim, The Tennessean praises, “Both are rich with the textures of Stapleton’s vocals that make him one of country music’s most beloved artists, classic country sounds and thoughtful articulate lyrics about love, life and pain.” He is nominated in three categories at the 2019 CMA Awards: Entertainer of the Year, Male Vocalist of the Year and Single of the Year (“Millionaire”) and was recently announced as the first-ever ACM “Artist-Songwriter of the Decade” recipient by the Academy of Country Music. Earlier this year, Stapleton recorded the Randy Newman-penned song, “Ballad of the Lonesome Cowboy,” for the Toy Story 4 soundtrack and has collaborated on songs with P!nk, Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars and Sheryl Crow. He will continue his extensive, sold-out “All-American Road Show” through 2020.
For more information, please visit: www.chrisstapleton.com.
About Live Nation Entertainment
Live Nation Entertainment (NYSE: LYV) is the world’s leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Sponsorship. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.