Another Series in Balance on Saturday as Kentucky Falls
COLUMBIA, Mo. – Kentucky will play a Southeastern Conference series rubber match for the fourth straight weekend on Saturday afternoon after falling 9-4 to Missouri on a blustery night at Taylor Stadium.
Senior Adam Fogel roped a pair of doubles and saw the wind knock down a potential home run as the baseball gods got a bit of revenge a night after the Wildcats (21-14, 5-9 SEC) had 22 hits, their most since 2012.
Missouri dinked and ducked its way to an early lead and piled on with a five-run seventh inning to even the series.
- UK has scored in 278 of 281 games in coach Nick Mingione’s tenure.
- UK is 45-of-49 on stolen base attempts this season.
- The UK pitchers have struck out 369 in 35 games.
Junior INF Chase Estep has reached base safely in 33 of 35 games this season.
- He has a hit in 27 of the last 33 games.
- Senior OF Adam Fogel hit doubles no. 10 and 11 of the season and now has 66 for his career.
- Senior OF Ryan Ritter has reached base safely in 8 of his last 13 at-bats.
Kentucky will play a fourth straight rubber game in the series finale on Saturday. First pitch is at 2 p.m. ET on SEC Network. The radio call will be on the UK Sports Network.