Rebel Yell: No. 9 Ole Miss Offense Breaks Out In Finale
The high-powered offense of No. 9 Ole Miss gained its footing and belted three home runs to knock off Kentucky 10-1 on Sunday to win the weekend series.
The Wildcats fell to 18-11 overall and 3-6 in the Southeastern Conference with another top 15 team coming to Kentucky Proud Park on Tuesday, the seventh game against such opponents in eight games.
Junior infielder Chase Estep lined his team-leading ninth home run of the season and now has reached base safely in 28 of 29 games this season but the Cats missed a golden opportunity to win their third series of the season against Top 10 teams.
- UK has scored in 272 of 275 games in Mingione’s tenure.
- Mingione has 161 wins, fifth on UK’s all-time list. He needs four wins to move into fourth.
- UK is 33-of-37 on stole base attempts this season.
- The UK pitchers have struck out 313 in 29 games.
- Junior INF Chase Estep has reached base safely in 28 of 29 games this season.
- Senior OF Hunter Jump has reached base safely in eight straight games.
- Junior IF Ryan Ritter has 12 multi-hit games this season.
- Junior IF Jase Felker reached base four times with a double, two walks and HBP.
Kentucky hosts No. 8 Louisville on Tuesday evening. First pitch on Tuesday is at 6:30 p.m. ET on the SECN+. The radio call will be on the UK Sports Network.