Wildcats Release Southeastern Conference Promotional Schedule
***Updated on Jan. 16 to remove Cheer Day as a game promotion for the Kentucky-Missouri contest on Jan. 21.
LEXINGTON, Ky. – The University of Kentucky women’s basketball program announced its promotional schedule for the Southeastern Conference schedule Wednesday, which features a couple of decade-themed games, Alumni Day and Senior Day, as the program continues its ongoing celebration of its 50th anniversary of varsity status.
The entire SEC home schedule will be hosted at Rupp Arena at Central Bank Center in 2023-24. Big Blue Nation is encouraged to purchase ticket(s) for the upcoming SEC home schedule here.
The promotional schedule is as follows:
Thursday, January 4 at 7 p.m. ET vs. Arkansas
- SEC Home Opener: Join the University of Kentucky women’s basketball program as it plays host to Arkansas in the Southeastern Conference home opener in historic Rupp Arena at Central Bank Center.
- The 24-time national championship UK cheerleading team also will perform its national’s routine at halftime.
Thursday, January 11 at 7 p.m. ET vs. Vanderbilt
- 2000s’ inspired “trucker hat” giveaway to the first 500 fans
- Everyday Heroes: The program will recognize and celebrate “everyday heroes” throughout the game. Also, military service members and first responders can receive free tickets for themselves and one guest.
- Email WeAreUK@uky.edu to inquire about the free tickets.
Sunday, January 21 at 2 p.m. ET vs. Missouri
- We Back Pat: The annual Southeastern Conference “We Back Pat” week aims to bring awareness to research, care and education about Alzheimer’s disease. This game will focus on highlighting the effects of the disease, and recognize those that actively fight the disease in our community.
Thursday, February 1 at 7 p.m. ET vs. Mississippi State
- Equality & Inclusion Night: The annual “Equality & Inclusion Night” will focus on using the UK women’s basketball platform to keep equality and inclusion in the local, regional and national conversation. Please join the program that night, as it aims to unite the community through the game atmosphere and experience!
Sunday, February 11 at 4 p.m. ET vs. Texas A&M
- Pink pom-pom giveaway
- Play4Kay: The annual Southeastern Conference “Play4Kay” week aims to highlight the fight against breast cancer, including honoring the women in the greater-Lexington community who have battled the brutal illness. Wear pink, grab a pink pom-pom and enjoy the game!
- National Girls & Women in Sports Day: Celebrate “National Girls and Women in Sports Day” with the UK women’s basketball program. NGWSD honors the achievements of girls and women in sports and aims to “Lead Her Forward” by acknowledging the power of sports to unlock her limitless potential.
- Youth teams may receive discounted group tickets by emailing WeAreUK@uky.edu.
- Dance Day: Sign up your child to learn from and perform with the nationally prominent UK dance team at halftime.
- Information on sign-ups will be released at a later date.
Sunday, February 18 at Noon ET vs. Florida
- Alumni Day: The University of Kentucky women’s basketball program will celebrate 50 years of varsity status all-game-long, when it recognizes alumni from every decade with on-court appearances and intentionally crafted video elements.
Sunday, February 25 at 3 p.m. ET vs. South Carolina
- Senior Day: Join the program as it recognizes its departing seniors, both managers and student-athletes; an emotional and spirited tradition passed on from year-to-year.
- Fandemonium: Big Blue Nation is encouraged to enter to win prizes throughout the game including a TV, custom Beats headphones, an air fryer and more.
- Enjoy an entertaining performance by Umbrella Lina at halftime
Thursday, February 29 at 7 p.m. ET vs. Ole Miss
- Leap Day: Spend your “bonus day” with UK women’s basketball! It will mark the program’s last regular-season home contest of the season, which will feature Leap Day activities throughout the game.
- 50th Anniversary: The University of Kentucky women’s basketball program will celebrate its 50th anniversary of varsity status in 2023-24. Throughout the season, the program will acknowledge and honor the impressive people and the memorable moments that influenced its rich history.
- Birthday Party: A $150 package that includes 20 discounted tickets to a game of your choice at Rupp Arena, a UK sheet cake, designated tables and chairs on the concourse pregame for your celebration, a signed card from head coach Kyra Elzy, a videoboard recognition and public address shoutout and poms to cheer on the Wildcats! Click here to sign up.
- Youth Team of the Game: Bring your youth team to a game of your choice at Rupp Arena. Receive discounted tickets, a videoboard recognition and public address shoutout, and exclusive on-court access during warmups. Email WeAreUK@uky.edu to sign your team up today.
- Group Tickets: Discounted tickets for groups of 15 or more. Email WeAreUK@uky.edu to check on group rates.
- UK faculty and staff will receive free admission for them and one guest with a valid ID for Rupp Arena games only.
- UK students will receive free admission with a valid ID for all games inside Rupp Arena.
For more information on the Kentucky women’s basketball team, visit UKathletics.com or follow @KentuckyWBB on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.