- For contests/events in which media rights are controlled by the Southeastern Conference, rights begin at the beginning of the contest/event, or the scheduled beginning of a telecast, until the end of the contest/event.
- SEC guidelines and usage rights for credentialed media are outlined via a link on the Sports Systems credential website and may be accessed at www.sportssystems.com/Kentucky.
- UK Athletics grants media rights for pregame/event activities to its rightsholder, JMI Sports.
- Live broadcasting by credentialed media, including digital and social media streaming, is not permitted from within the facility (i.e., within the entry points of Kroger Field, Rupp Arena or other facility) without prior permission from UK Athletics and JMI Sports.
- Exception – television stations may do a “live shot,” not to exceed three minutes in length, prior to contest/event. A live shot must be completed no later than 30 minutes prior to the beginning of SEC control of the contest/event.
UK Athletics Guidelines for Events and Media Activities when Rights not Controlled or Selected by SEC:
Includes but not limited to: Fan Days, Big Blue Madness, CATSPYs, Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, Pro Days, open practices etc.
- Media may use up to three minutes of video or audio for coverage.
- For use above the three-minute limit, media entity must contact UK Athletics and JMI Sports for approval.
- Live broadcasting, including digital and social media streaming, is not permitted from these events without prior permission from UK Athletics and JMI Sports.
- Branded or sponsored media content of these events/activities is not permitted without approval from JMI Sports.
Additional General Guidelines
- For usage of video/audio from UK Sports Network television and radio programs produced by JMI Sports (example: coaches’ radio shows), contact JMI for approval.
- For usage of content from CoachCal.com, contact JMI for approval.
- Remote shows from UK Athletics facilities must be approved in advance by UK Athletics and JMI Sports.
- Production of documentaries or other long-form programming from UK Athletics facilities must be approved by UK Athletics and JMI Sports.
- “Ticket giveaways” or other promotional use of tickets is not permitted.
- Giveaways of promotional items at UK Athletics events is not permitted without prior approval from UK Athletics and JMI Sports.
- Authorized use of UK Athletics, UK Sports Network and/or CoachCal.com content must be properly credited.
Failure to comply with these guidelines may result in the loss of credential access and privileges.