Requests for single-game credentials should be made as far in advance as possible and no later than 24 hours prior to game day online at Sports Systems. If the Kentucky sports does not use Sports Systems, please contact the sports information director 24 hours prior to game day. For men’s basketball and football single-game credentials, request must be made five (5) days prior to game day online at this link.
The University of Kentucky’s decision to issue credentials to a media outlet for the purposes of covering a Kentucky home or away event is determined by a variety of factors. They include the following:
• Amount of coverage given to Kentucky throughout the season
• Intention/ability to cover all 22 sports at Kentucky
• Distribution/size of publication: free, subscription, sale on newsstands, website traffic, etc.
• Radio or TV station program format and size of audience
• Length of existence of the publication, amount of original copy generated, number of full-time employees of the publication and the journalistic experience of the reporter(s)
• Attendance at Kentucky media sessions, including Olympic sport opportunities
• Space availability
• Professionalism, which includes but is not limited to conduct at games, press conferences, practices, on social media, etc.
The University of Kentucky has the right to revoke credentials under its own discretion.