Dec. 22, 2010
Team Records and Series Info
- Kentucky won its fourth-straight game and is 9-2 on the season. Winthrop is 5-7.
- UK leads the series with Winthrop 2-0.
- UK is 15-3 all-time against the current alignment of the Big South Conference.
- UK has won the pre-Christmas game in 12-straight seasons.
- After the Christmas break, the Wildcats return to action Tuesday, Dec. 28, at home vs. Coppin State. The game tips off at 7 p.m. and will be televised by Fox Sports South.
- Kentucky has used the starting lineup of Brandon Knight, Darius Miller, DeAndre Liggins, Terrence Jones and Josh Harrellson in every game this season.
- Knight got the first basket on a jump shot at 19:09 and the Wildcats never trailed.
- Jones followed with a three-pointer, extending Kentucky’s streak of 760 games with at least one made three-point shot.
- Knight left the game at 15:50 with a knee injury and went to the locker room. He returned to the bench during UK’s timeout at the 13:12 mark and re-entered the game at 11:47.
- Kentucky came out blue-hot! When Doron Lamb swished his fourth-straight three-pointer (already a career high for threes in a game) at the 12:13 mark, the Wildcats led 29-11. At that point, the Wildcats had made 11 of 13 field goals, including 7 of 8 from three-point range.
- However, Winthrop hasn’t won the Big South Conference five of the last six years for no reason. The Eagles rallied late in the half with a 9-0 run, reducing the deficit to 41-32.
- The Wildcats responded with their own 10-0 run and when Lamb sliced the lane for a layup at the buzzer, UK led 51-32 at intermission.
- 51 points is the most Kentucky has scored in the first half this season.
- UK made 10 of 14 three-pointers, the most threes the Cats made in the first half since also making 10 in the season opener.
- UK committed only three fouls in the first half.
- Lamb and Knight each tallied 17 points in the first half.
- Lamb’s ending layup marked the second-straight game that UK scored at the first-half buzzer.
- Brandon Knight got the first basket of the second half, extending UK’s run to 12-0.
- Doron Lamb’s only missed shot of the game came with 13 minutes left. At that point he had made all seven field-goal attempts (including five threes) and both foul shots.
- Over the final five minutes of the game, Kentucky closed the contest with a 9-0 run for an 89-52 victory.
- It was a fine offensive game for Kentucky as the Wildcats shot 52.4 percent from the field, 54.5 percent on three-pointers and 84.6 percent at the foul line.
- It was the fourth game this season shooting at least 50 percent.
- It was the third game this season making at least half of its three-point attempts.
- It was the seventh-straight game hitting at least 70 percent at the charity stripe.
- Kentucky limited Winthrop to 31.9 percent from the field. UK is 7-0 this season when holding the opponent under 40 percent from the field.
- UK won bench points, 42-4.
- UK won points in the paint, 39-20.
- Kentucky is 23-0 at Rupp Arena under Coach John Calipari.
- UK has won 24 in a row at home, beginning with the 2009 NIT game at Memorial Coliseum and continuing with the last 22 at Rupp.
- Kentucky has made at least one three-point shot in 760 consecutive games.
Doron Lamb led the way with 32 points, a UK freshman record.
- The old freshman record was 31 by Jamal Mashburn vs. Georgia on Feb. 3, 1991.
- Lamb set career highs for points, field goals (11) and three-pointers (7).
- Lamb’s seven three-pointers is tied for the most by a Southeastern Conference player this season.
Brandon Knight tallied 21 points.
- Has made at least two three-pointers in six-straight games.
- Has scored at least 14 points in six-straight games.
- Has scored in double figures and hit a three-pointer in 10 of 11 games this season.
- DeAndre Liggins had a career-high nine assists, which also is the most by a Wildcat this season.
Josh Harrellson claimed a game-high 10 rebounds, his third-straight game with double-figure boards.
- UK is 6-0 this season when Harrellson rebounds in double figures.
- Terrence Jones notched 11 points. He has scored double figures in 10 of 11 games this season.
- In 13 minutes of action, Eloy Vargas gathered season highs with eight points and three blocked shots.
- Jarrod Polson made his first basket as a Wildcat on a driving banker in the final minute. He tallied his first UK points on a pair of free throws vs. Boston.