UK ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS AND PUBLIC RELATIONS
WOMEN’S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
NO. 13 KENTUCKY VS. FLORIDA
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 2
MEMORIAL COLISEUM – LEXINGTON, KENTUCKY
No. 13 Kentucky 62, Florida 70 – FINAL
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 17-4 (6-3 SEC), while Florida is 12-10 (3-6 SEC).
- Kentucky is 840-544 all-time, including 458-158 in Memorial Coliseum.
- UK is 11-2 at home this season, including 10-1 inside Memorial Coliseum.
- Matthew Mitchell is 180-42 in home games in his UK tenure.
- This was the 58th all-time meeting between Kentucky and Florida in women’s basketball.
- UK leads the all-time series 32-26, including 16-11 in games played in Lexington.
- Matthew Mitchell is in his 13th season as the head coach of the Wildcats.
- Mitchell is 328-158 overall in his career and 398-129 during his tenure at Kentucky.
- Kentucky is ranked 13 in the latest Associated Press Top 25 and No. 13 in the latest USA Today/Coaches Top 25.
- The Wildcats will return to action Thursday, Feb. 6 when they play host to Alabama at 7 p.m. ET on SEC Network+.
- Kentucky used the starting combination of senior guards Amanda Paschal, Sabrina Haines and Jaida Roper, junior forward Tatyana Wyatt and sophomore guard Blair Green.
- This was the second time this season that UK has used this starting combination.
- Kentucky won the tip with Tatyana Wyatt winning it for the fourth time this season.
- Jaida Roper scored first for Kentucky in the game, hitting a layup on UK’s second possession. Roper has been the first Wildcat to score two times this season.
- Kentucky grabbed its biggest lead of the game at 24-11 with 6:13 to go in the half after a KeKe McKinney 3-pointer. Florida followed with a 9-0 run as UK went the next 4:34 without a field goal.
- UK ended the 9-0 Florida run with a free-throw by Jaida Roper as part of a 5-0 run to end the quarter.
- Florida outscored the Wildcats 24-17 in the third quarter, which tied the most points Florida has scored in a quarter in league play this season. The Gators bested that with 27 points in the fourth quarter.
- Kentucky started the fourth quarter on a 5-0 run and got its lead to eight at 51-43 with 7:31 to play but Florida finished the game on a 27-11 run to secure the win.
- This was the third game this season and first in league play that the Wildcats have no scored 20 or more points in at least one quarter. The other two games were wins vs. Virginia and Stetson.
- Kentucky forced Florida into 24 turnovers and has forced 16 opponents into 20+ miscues this season.
- UK is 14-2 when it forces 20 or more turnovers this season.
- The Wildcats scored 25 points off Florida turnovers and have scored 20 or more points off turnovers in 17 games this season.
- UK is 17-2 and 6-2 in the SEC when the opponent shots 50 percent or less.
- Kentucky went 3-of-20 from 3 in the game, which is its fewest 3-point makes this season.
- Sophomore guard Rhyne Howard did not play in the game due to a fractured finger on her left hand. She is expected to return in mid-February. This was the second game she missed.
- Junior guard Chasity Patterson scored a career-high 25 points in the game leading UK with four steals.
- Patterson has 20 or more points in two games this season.
- Senior guard Jaida Roper scored 15 points with five rebounds.
- This was the third time in her career and second time this season she has scored 15 or more points in a game.