Kentucky-Delaware Postgame Notes
March 30, 2013
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky improves to 30-5, while Delaware ends its season at 32-4.
- UK extends its school-record win total to 30.
- UK advances to its fourth Elite Eight in program history, including second consecutive and third in the last four years.
- Kentucky is in its 39th year of varsity play and owns an overall record of 686-476 (.590).
- This is the Cats' 10th appearance in the NCAA Tournament and now own a 14-9 (.609) record in postseason play.
- The Wildcats are 65-199 against ranked foes, including 24-32 under head coach Matthew Mitchell.
- Mitchell improves to 10-3 in the NCAA Tournament.
- With the win, UK extends its school record for wins over ranked opponents to eight.
- UK is now 4-0 in regional semifinal games, including 3-0 under Mitchell.
- UK is now 1-1 all-time vs. Delaware and 11-10 vs. teams from the Colonial Athletic Association.
- UK snapped the Blue Hens' 27-game winning streak.
- UK's starting lineup featured A'dia Mathies, Kastine Evans, Jennifer O'Neill, Samarie Walker and DeNesha Stallworth. This lineup is 10-2.
- After Delaware cut the Kentucky lead to 17-15 at the 9:42 mark in the first half, UK went on a 24-12 run to close the half leading 41-27.
- The Wildcats outrebounded the Blue Hens in the first stanza 24-11.
- UK is now 25-3 when leading at the half.
- With UK leading by just two (62-60) with 2:47 to play, junior Kastine Evans hit a 3-pointer to give the Cats a 65-60 lead it would never relinquish.
- UK's bench outscored Delaware's 14-13 in game and are now 24-1 this season when outscoring the opposing bench.
- UK forced 19 turnovers giving the Cats 835 on the year, which is the second-most school history.
- The Cats have now forced double-digit miscues in 152 consecutive games. The Cats are 115-37 during that span.
- With seven made 3-pointers, the Cats added to their school record with 236.
- Kentucky recorded two blocks, upping its single-season record total to 176.
- The Wildcats extended their streak of consecutive games with a triple to 327.
- UK had 10 steals, totaling 420 on the season, which ranks second in school history.
- Redshirt sophomore point guard Jennifer O'Neill scored a team-high 19 points and made four 3-pointers.
- Tied for fourth on the single-season 3-point fields goal list with 66.
- Her sixth game of the season with four or more 3-pointers.
- Her fourth straight game with double figures.
- Senior guard A'dia Mathies scored 16 points, becoming the second player in UK Hoops history to reach 2,000 in her career.
- Fifth player in UK history, men's or women's, to reach 2,000 career points, joining Dan Issel (2,138, 1967-70), Kenny Walker (2,080, 1982-86), Jack Givens (2,038, 1974-78) (men's) and Valerie Still (2,763, 1979-83).
- Tied a season-high with nine rebounds.
- Has reached double-figures in 32-of-35 games, including two straight.
- Junior guard Samarie Walker scored eight points and corralled a team-high 11 rebounds, marking her 12th double figure rebounding game of the season.
- With two blocks in the game, Walker now ranks third on UK's single-season list with 54.
- Sophomore forward Jelleah Sidney played a season-high 20 minutes, while grabbing a season-best four rebounds and tying a personal best with two steals. She also added two points.