Kentucky-Dayton Postgame Notes
March 26, 2013
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky improves to 29-5, while Dayton ends its season at 28-3.
- The 29 wins is a new school record for wins.
- UK advances to the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Tournament for the fourth time in school history, including third in the last four seasons.
- Kentucky is in its 39th year of varsity play and owns an overall record of 685-476 (.590).
- This is the Cats' 10th appearance in the NCAA Tournament and now own a 13-9 (.591) record in postseason play.
- The Wildcats are now 64-199 against ranked foes, including 23-32 under head coach Matthew Mitchell.
- With the win, the Cats set the school record for wins over ranked opponents in a single season with seven.
- UK is now 3-3 all-time in second-round NCAA Tournament games.
- UK owns a 13-3 record all-time vs. Dayton, including two straight in the series.
- Kentucky is now 25-13 all-time against the Atlantic 10 Conference.
- UK's starting lineup featured A'dia Mathies, Kastine Evans, Jennifer O'Neill, Samarie Walker and DeNesha Stallworth. This lineup is 9-2.
- With Dayton leading 14-12 at the 13:41 mark, the Wildcats went on a 12-0 run to take a 26-14 advantage with 8:33 remaining in the half.
- UK led 40-31 at the half and is now 24-3 when leading at the break.
- After Dayton cut Kentucky's lead to 50-46 at the 14:26 mark in the second half, UK went on a 12-1 run to stretch its lead to 62-47 with 10:34 to play.
- The Wildcats are now 50-2 under Mitchell when netting 80 or more points.
- UK's bench outscored Dayton's 19-4. The Cats are now 23-1 when outscoring the opposing bench.
- Kentucky won the points off turnovers battle 31-13.
- The 23 forced turnovers, giving UK 816 on the year, which is the fourth-most in a single season in UK Hoops history.
- The Cats have now forced double-digit miscues in 151 consecutive games. The Cats are 114-37 during that span.
- With eight 3-pointers, the Cats added to their single-season record with 229.
- Kentucky recorded two blocks, upping its single-season record total to 174.
- The Wildcats extended their streak of consecutive games with a triple to 326.
- UK had 12 steals, totaling 410 on the season, which ranks third on the single-season list.
- Senior A'dia Mathies tied her career-high with 34 points and set career best with 13 made field goals and six 3-pointers. She also scored 34 points against Tennessee last season (1/12/12).
- Marks her third 30-point game of her career.
- The 34 points and six made field goals are the most by a UK player in an NCAA Tournament game.
- Has reached double-figures in 31-of-34 games.
- Increased her career point total to 1,984 points, just 14 shy of 2,000.
- Had three steals, increasing her school-record mark to 315.
- Junior center DeNesha Stallworth scored 14 points, marking the 27th time she has reached double figures this season, including sixth straight.
- Redshirt sophomore point guard Jennifer O'Neill scored 11 points and has now reached double-digit points in 17 games this season, including three in a row.
- Dished out five assists, her sixth game of the season with five or more.
- Sophomore Bria Goss came off the bench for 11 points, her highest point total since scoring 13 points vs. South Carolina on Feb. 14.