Kentucky-Tennessee Postgame Notes
March 3, 2013
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky improves to 25-4, 13-3 SEC, while Tennessee falls to 23-6, 14-2 SEC.
- UK is now 28-10 all-time in season finales, have won eight of the last nine and four straight.
- With the win, UK earned the No. 2 seed in the SEC tournament and will face either No. 7 seed Vanderbilt or No. 10 seed Missouri on Friday, March 8 at 6 p.m. EST in the Gwinnett Center in Duluth, Ga.
- With the win, head coach Matthew Mitchell earned his 139th career victory, making him UK's all-time winningest coach in just six seasons (139-60). His winning percentage of .698 also is first.
- Mitchell is now 61-31 in SEC games (regular season only).
- Kentucky is in its 39th year of varsity play and owns an overall record of 681-475 (.589).
- UK is 158-219 all-time in SEC play.
- The Wildcats are now 372-141 (.725) in Memorial Coliseum, including 82-13 (.863) under Mitchell.
- UK ended the regular season with a 16-1 home record.
- The Cats are now 64-3 at home over the last four seasons.
- UK is now 36-10 in SEC home games under Mitchell, including an impressive 29-3 mark in the last three seasons.
- UK is now 61-198 all-time vs. ranked teams, including 5-3 this season.
- UK is 3-1 this season vs. teams ranked in the top 10.
- Mitchell is now 20-31 at UK vs. ranked teams.
- Kentucky has won 25 games for a school-record fourth straight season.
- Kentucky is now 9-49 all-time vs. Tennessee, including 7-21 in Lexington.
- UK has won three out of the last four meetings against the Lady Vols, marking the first time the Wildcats have won two in a row in the series.
- The Cats are now 8-43 all-time against the Lady Vols when they are ranked in the AP poll.
- UK's starting lineup featured A'dia Mathies, Kastine Evans, Jennifer O'Neill, Samarie Walker and DeNesha Stallworth. This lineup is 5-1.
- Kentucky forced 31 turnovers and has forced double-digit miscues in 146 consecutive games. The Cats are 110-36 during that span.
- Kentucky won the turnover battle 31-12, including 19-6 in the first half.
- The 31 turnovers were a season high for the Lady Vols.
- UK opened the second half on a 21-6 run to extend the lead to 57-38 with 12:06 left in the game.
- Kentucky is 64-6 since 1979-80 season when forcing 30 or more turnovers, including 25-1 under Mitchell.
- UK is now 7-0 this season when forcing 30 or more turnovers.
- The Cats connected on nine 3-pointers, totaling 199 on the year. That mark ranks second on UK's single season list.
- Kentucky had three blocks, totaling 146 on the season. That total is second on the single season blocks list.
- The Wildcats are now 86-8 when scoring 70 or more points under Mitchell.
- The Wildcats extended their streak of consecutive games with a triple to 321.
- Senior guard A'dia Mathies recorded 16 points and equaled season highs with four steals and two blocks.
- Has reached double-figures in 27-of-29 games, including 20 in a row.
- With four steals, has now tallied 303 in her career, which ranks third all-time in school history.
- Joins Stacey Reed and Victoria Dunlap as the only three players in UK Hoops history with 300 or more steals in her career.
- Has played in 133 career games, tying her for first on UK's career list with Victoria Dunlap (2008-11).
- Made three triples, tying her for seventh on UK's single season list.
- Redshirt sophomore point guard Jennifer O'Neill scored 16 points and grabbed a season-high tying six rebounds.
- Has reached double figures in 14 games this season, including 11-of-16 SEC games.
- Junior center DeNesha Stallworth posted 12 points, marking the 22nd time she has scored in double digits this season, including 11-of-15 SEC games.
- Junior forward Samarie Walker recorded her 14th double-figure scoring game this season with 10 points, while also tying a career high with five steals.
- Sophomore guard Bria Goss tallied 12 points off the bench, marking the 16th time she has scored in double figures this season.