Kentucky-Marshall Postgame Notes
Dec. 22, 2012
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky won its fourth-straight game and is 8-3 on the season and Marshall is 7-6.
- Kentucky leads the series 12-0, including 8-0 in Lexington.
- UK is now 68-13 all-time against teams from the current alignment of Conference USA.
- After the Christmas break, the Wildcats wrap up 2012 action Saturday at Louisville at 4 p.m. The game will be televised on CBS.
- Kentucky started with the lineup of Ryan Harrow, Julius Mays, Archie Goodwin, Alex Poythress and Nerlens Noel for the second-straight game.
- Trailing 20-18 at the 11:43 mark, Kentucky finished the half with a 15-4 run to take a 33-24 lead into intermission.
- The first half continues to tell the tale for the Wildcats. UK is 8-0 this season when leading at halftime, 0-3 when behind at intermission.
- Marshall made its first three shots, quickly cutting it to 33-31.
- The Wildcats rallied with a 26-5 run to make it 59-36.
- UK led comfortably the remainder of the way, leading by as many as 31 points.
- Kentucky held Marshall to 54 points. UK is 27-0 under Coach John Calipari when limiting opponents to 55 or fewer points.
- Marshall shot 29.6 percent from the field. Kentucky is 6-0 this season when holding the opponent under 40 percent.
- Kentucky won the rebounding, 48-43.
- UK won second-chance points 19-8.
- UK got at least 40 rebounds for the fifth-straight game.
- Kentucky had a season-low nine turnovers.
- UK was efficient in points off turnovers, turning 17 Marshall miscues into 26 points.
- UK dominated points in the paint 52-20.
- Ryan Harrow scored a career-high 23 points. His previous best was 20 points against South Carolina-Upstate on Dec. 11, 2010, while playing for North Carolina State.
- It is also Harrow's third-straight game to set a season best, following 8 and 12 points in the previous two games.
- He added four rebounds (one short of his career high), four assists and tied a career high with three steals.
- Nerlens Noel totaled 11 points and 10 rebounds, his first Wildcat double-double.
- Noel has at least six rebounds in every game this season.
- Archie Goodwin scored 18 points.
- Goodwin has scored in double figures in every game but one this season.
- Coming into the game leading the team in free-throw attempts, Goodwin did a good job of getting to the line today, making 10 of 11 charity tosses.
- Alex Poythress had nine points and tied a season high with nine rebounds.