Kentucky-Missouri Postgame Notes
Feb. 24, 2013
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 19-8 overall, 10-4 in the Southeastern Conference.
- Missouri is 19-8 overall, 8-6 in the league
- Kentucky leads the series 5-0, including 3-0 in games played in Lexington.
- Kentucky is 2-0 in overtime games this season
- Kentucky completes its three-game homestand Wednesday as the Wildcats host Mississippi State at 8 p.m. The game will be televised on the SEC Network.
- Kentucky started with the lineup of Ryan Harrow, Julius Mays, Archie Goodwin, Alex Poythress and Willie Cauley-Stein for the second-straight game
- After Kentucky got the first basket, Missouri scored seven in a row for a 7-2 lead
- Ahead 21-15, Missouri got a 7-0 run to go up 28-15, the biggest lead of the half
- Kentucky responded with a 9-0 run to pull within 28-24
- Missouri led 35-31 at halftime
- After rallying for the win, UK is now 2-7 this season after trailing at halftime
- Goodwin opened the second half with a three-pointer and a breakaway dunk, giving the Wildcats a 36-35 lead
- Trailing 51-49, UK got a 13-4 spurt to go up 62-55
- Trailing 73-71, Missouri went ahead with four-straight points, including the tie-breaking layup from Phil Pressey with 57 seconds remaining
- Cauley-Stein tied it with a layup with 40 seconds remaining
- Each team missed shots in the closing seconds to send it to overtime tied at 75
- Trailing 79-77, UK went ahead for good with six-straight points for an 83-79 lead
- UK made 7 of 8 foul shots in the final minute of overtime
- UK won the extra period 15-8, with Mays scoring eight of the 15 points
- Kentucky shot 50.8 percent from the field. It's the second game in a row that the Wildcats topped the 50 percent mark, and UK is 10-0 this season when making at least half their shots.
- After being outrebounded 27-18 in the first half, UK won the boardwork 23-12 in the second half and overtime. All totaled, UK won the rebounding 41-39.
- Missouri came into the game leading the SEC in rebounding margin at +10.2
- Willie Cauley-Stein had seven points, a career-high-tying 12 rebounds and a career-high seven blocked shots
- Archie Goodwin had 18 points, all in the second half and overtime.
- His 19th double-figure scoring game of the season
- Made a pair of 3-pointers, his first triples since the Texas A&M game on Jan. 12
- Ryan Harrow had 16 points, a career-high eight rebounds and six assists
- 16 points for Harrow, the most for him since getting 16 on Jan. 10 at Vanderbilt
- UK is 10-0 this season when Harrow has at least four assists
- Julius Mays tallied 24 points, most for him during his season at UK
- Had three points in the first half, 13 in the second half and eight in overtime
- Has made a three in 16-straight games
- Has made at least two threes in seven-straight games
- Had six rebounds and UK is 5-0 when he has six or more rebounds
- Alex Poythress had 21 points, his sixth 20-point outing of the season, and gathered seven rebounds